Skinners Pub

Where you like to get loaded, and why.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Skinners Pub

Post by Bluto »

I've recently moved back home to SD and am living in a new town. As the Missus and the children haven't made the move yet, I've found myself with more time to spend at the bars. Skinners Pub is my new favorite. I walked in last Wednesday and sat down at the 10 year old orginal bar. Ben, the barkeep, says to me, "Fishtail and a shot of the Turkey?". Now, I've only been coming into the plae for a few weeks and they already know exactly what I want before I even ask. This is a sign good sign of a quality place.
They've got a good selection of beers on tap and pour a fairly strong Sailor and coke. I haven't tried out their ability to make a Manhattan, yet, but that's not too far off in the future.
The first time there I had asked the bartender what the Fishtail ale was like. He gave a nice description and then also provided me with the nugget that it's a good br to develp a taste forbecause a tal tap is never more than $2.50. That's dange cheap beer and I appreciated te heads up.
There are certainly other bars in town that I'll in to have a tipple from time to time, but I have feeling I might just make Skinners my local.
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595

mormonholocaust
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Re: Skinners Pub

Post by mormonholocaust »

Holy shit, where are you in S.D.? My parents had a bar right out side of Aberdeen's city limits, which was consequently buttfucked into oblivion by my Uncle.

Too bad such a beautiful state is overrun by assholes, and - more importantly - tourist assholes in the summer.
Greetings from The Humungus! The Lord Humungus! The Warrior of the Wasteland! The Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla!

FUCK TETLEY'S ENGLISH ALE

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

mormonholocaust wrote:Holy shit, where are you in S.D.? My parents had a bar right out side of Aberdeen's city limits, which was consequently buttfucked into oblivion by my Uncle.

Too bad such a beautiful state is overrun by assholes, and - more importantly - tourist assholes in the summer.
I'm in Brookings now. Definately not a place I ever expected to find myself living, but life throws curve balls every once in awhile.
Going to happy hour and not drinking is like going to an orgy and masturbating. You just took a great idea and turned it into a circle jerk. -Sixpack595

mormonholocaust
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Ah, Brooking's isn't anything; atleast you're betwixt modern South Dakota's cultural institutions

What are the college kids like there? If I remember correctly, the feminine types were largely voluptuous types with a butter face. I imagine that would make for some interesting local mating attire.
Greetings from The Humungus! The Lord Humungus! The Warrior of the Wasteland! The Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla!

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

I've been there just a litle over a month, so I don't have complete la of the land yet. So far, though, Brookings has been fairly easy on the eyes. "Move in"was over the weekend so I'll see what things are like when I get up there tomorrow.
Of course, the female situation will improve in a few weeks when the Missus is able to move up, as well.

Beer Belly
Souse
Souse

Post by Beer Belly »

I lived in Brookings for 6 years and loved almost every weekend I spent there. From puking behind Goodwill after one too many Backpackers, to those glorious springtime pubcrawls, Brookings will always be a drunkard's town. Skinnner's used to be my early night starting point, it was always moderately busy, lotsa old friends and new faces, good service and occasionally live music. But over the past year or so it's been getting less and less appealling for me. Still a quality bar but just not my favorite.

mormonholocaust
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Eh, all of South Dakota is hard drinking, with the exception of the posers in Souix Fools.... I mean, shit, what else are you supposed to do when winter is at least 4 months of the year in small towns? As my parents used to say, "Drinking becomes a sport during winter." The large amount of persons descended from Volga-Germans and various Scandinavian groups certainly does provide a historical backround for the hard drinking tendencies of the area.

Bluto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Bluto »

mormonholocaust wrote:Eh, all of South Dakota is hard drinking, with the exception of the posers in Souix Fools.... I mean, shit, what else are you supposed to do when winter is at least 4 months of the year in small towns? As my parents used to say, "Drinking becomes a sport during winter." The large amount of persons descended from Volga-Germans and various Scandinavian groups certainly does provide a historical backround for the hard drinking tendencies of the area.
4 months? Hell, the snow won't even be melted four months from now and it's been on the ground for three already.

mormonholocaust
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Eh, I left South Dakota in '02, which was stupidly mild.