In rememberance of Dedden's Highland Fling

Where you like to get loaded, and why.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

In rememberance of Dedden's Highland Fling

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Dedden's was a great dive bar. It closed years ago, but I surprisingly remember it well. It was located in an area that was seedy but now is getting gentrified. It was one of those storefront bars with horrible ventilation. The jukebox had tons of bluegrass, the walls were faux wood panneling and the men's room had one of the last troth urinals in town. We used to drink them out of High Life. It was the first bar that I ever got drunk at during daylight- I remember that day. I was managing a hobby store and had gotten off of work at 4 or 5 and opened the place up. This was about 13 years ago: I stopped in for about faour double TJD's and coke and walked home and "took a nap". I walked past last night on a semi-drunken walkabout. It's now an Argtentinian steak joint. I miss that place.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

fizzmaster
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Re: In rememberance of Dedden's Highland Fling

Post by fizzmaster »

What was it near? Was it closed in 2006/2007? That's when I lived in your fair city. I was a big fan of Shenanigans, Sidenfaddens, and the Highland Tap Room for bars in the Highlands. What's the place with the crappy clear plastic awning and the ancient Falls City sign? Down on Baxter? That was a great little dive as well. I miss Louisville.
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. "
-Hunter S. Thompson

http://fermentedfilm.blogspot.com/
http://indiewrasslin.tumblr.com/

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

It was one door down from Midland Avenue, by the convenient store and UPS store, south of Midcity Mall. It had closed a few years before that. The bar with the Fall City sign is the Outlook Inn.That used to be a haunt of mine when I was dating this girl who loved it. I was there a monthor so ago and didn't recognize any bartender; like it had gotten kind of "clubbish".
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

fizzmaster
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by fizzmaster »

Yeah, the Outlook was pretty cool. The mixed drinks came in pint glasses and where extremely strong and cheap. I liked the dark ambience in there.
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. "
-Hunter S. Thompson

http://fermentedfilm.blogspot.com/
http://indiewrasslin.tumblr.com/

Screwball
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: A half foot away from a cat's nutsack. I Gotta get the DevilKat Fixed!

Post by Screwball »

This thread reminded me of my favorite bar back home, The Lookout. Cheap beer, jukebox full of old country, punk, and metal, and bean and cheese chalupas.

Thanks Hurricane Ike.

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

Screwball wrote: jukebox full of old country, punk, and metal, and bean and cheese chalupas.
that can't help the sound.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

Screwball
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: A half foot away from a cat's nutsack. I Gotta get the DevilKat Fixed!

Post by Screwball »

Wingman wrote:
Screwball wrote: jukebox full of old country, punk, and metal, and bean and cheese chalupas.

So where do you store your bean and cheese chalupas, Mr. Smartypants?

The cigarette machine?

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

Screwball wrote:
Wingman wrote:

So where do you store your bean and cheese chalupas, Mr. Smartypants?

The cigarette machine?
no, but if you go past that, an dthrough the door, and take a right, you'll be in the neighborhood. just follow yer nose.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk