Durty Nelly's in Halifax, Nova Scotia

Where you like to get loaded, and why.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

daystrom
Tippler
Tippler

Durty Nelly's in Halifax, Nova Scotia

Post by daystrom »

Place just simply rocks. It was originally a pub in Ireland which was deconstructed and reassembled, stone by stone in Halifax, Nova Scotia, an exact replica of the 16th century original. The place simply oozes ambiance.
"My cat's breath smells like cat food" - Ralph Wiggum

mormonholocaust
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Re: Durty Nelly's in Halifax, Nova Scotia

Post by mormonholocaust »

What about those things which outweigh ambience... namely, prices, drink selection, and the crowd? Frankly, I could give of a fuck about a bars history if the place is expensive, has shit selection (in regards to both upper and lower end options), and is populated by assholes....
Greetings from The Humungus! The Lord Humungus! The Warrior of the Wasteland! The Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla!

FUCK TETLEY'S ENGLISH ALE

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Tell me; is the "Misty Moon" still in existence in Halifax? I used to play there with the Downchild Blues Band, back in the late '80s. And I believe the 'Moon had been open @20yrs by then.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Labatt_50
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Labatt_50 »

peetie44 wrote:Tell me; is the "Misty Moon" still in existence in Halifax? I used to play there with the Downchild Blues Band, back in the late '80s. And I believe the 'Moon had been open @20yrs by then.
I'm pretty sure it's gone, or at least has changed locations.

tomodon
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by tomodon »

I've been to Durty Nelly's in Limerick if that's the one it's copied from. It might be just over the border in County Clare actually, next to Bunratty Castle. Good laugh though. Lots of American tourist girls to go after and a banquet-style meal where it's expected that you eat the meat off the bone like you're in the Middle-Ages (which is how I eat anyay).

Whisky Guy
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Whisky Guy »

I've heard Atlantic Canada has the best pubs in the country. I am planning on going there after I go to Ireland.

sauced_in_to
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by sauced_in_to »

This can be a good bar with friends. But not a bar for drinking alone or for drinking at the bar. It's an Irish version of a Eastside Mario's. Too big, not enough charm. It looks great, but is it cozy from a distance, but unless filled with 100 people it sucks. While in Halifax, go to Tom's Havana instead, that is a drinking person's bar.
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.”

Frank Sinatra

sauced_in_to
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by sauced_in_to »

peetie44 wrote:Tell me; is the "Misty Moon" still in existence in Halifax? I used to play there with the Downchild Blues Band, back in the late '80s. And I believe the 'Moon had been open @20yrs by then.
The Moon is gone, and was gone by 1997 when I was 19. It's now a gay/dance bat called Reflections and has been so for be years.
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.”

Frank Sinatra

swirly_commode
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by swirly_commode »

thats what they said about the durty nellys in kenosha wisconsin too....

im pissed.
which ones the real one?!