Karla's Place in Tijuana's Red Light District

Where you like to get loaded, and why.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

vaquero
Tippler
Tippler

Karla's Place in Tijuana's Red Light District

Post by vaquero »

I have lived in Mexico on and off for 7 years. I love a good dive bar, especially when I lived in Colorado. Down on East Colfax there was a bar where all hours of the day it was always full of bikers, and the rough crowd. Often times fights broke out in the bathroom. At that point in my life I was pretty much into drinking fruity nonsense and just about getting wasted and passing life by. Flash forward ten years and I'm a afficionado of dive bars and one of my favorite regular dives is nestled in Tijuana's Red Light District. It's a place that is open 24 hours a day. On any given day the locals are passed out in the back taking a quick siesta. Bar room brawls are dime a dozen, and often the bar girls get into heated fights over local customers. Americans are few and far in between here and its mostly the local crowd and cumbia dancing. There is no air conditioning so its hotter than hell and the sweat drips from the ceiling which makes the beer taste all the better especially at 6am when the sun comes up over the horizon and you realize you've drunk the night away dancing to great music with some of Mexico's finest booty....

What I like about it
The beer is cheap. 2 bucks for a 24 oz
9 bucks for a beer tower
The girls are plentiful and also cheap
The dancing is out of this world
The food in the surrounding area is also world class
The Tijuana Reader is sweet like Maple Bacon

JohnnyT

Re: Karla's Place in Tijuana's Red Light District

Post by JohnnyT »

Tijuana is the happiest place on earth.

Nice website dude, lots of good info.