Stand Up Franks, Irv's, etc in Minneapolis

Where you like to get loaded, and why.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Holweger
Tippler
Tippler

Stand Up Franks, Irv's, etc in Minneapolis

Post by Holweger »

A couple of weeks ago a some friends and I wanted to hit up a couple of notorious skid-row type bars in North Minneapolis (Stand-Up Franks & Irv's) but they were both gone.....Frank's was an empty lot, and Irv's looked liked it had been turned into something else. Anyone know why/when these places shut down? Any other suggestions of similar places in town?

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Stand Up Franks, Irv's, etc in Minneapolis

Post by Badfellow »

Stand Up Franks (rest it's sawdust-on-the-floor soul) and Irv's were two different dives seperated by nearly 1/2 a mile along 2nd N. Neither no longer exist.

SUF's is now rennovated by that Psycho Suzie's booze cheating bitch, and is now called Donny Dirk's Zombie Lounge. Haven't been there yet, but despite the fine premise (chainsaw behind breakable emergency glass, supposedly "stiff" drinks), I can't get past the booze cheating thing.

There's still plenty of dives willing to give you an honest blackout for under $20. You just have to seek them out.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

803ecamirg
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by 803ecamirg »

palmers on the westbank is still a drinkers bar. last i hear a fella can still get a 4 fingers tall shot in a highball glass.

the gangstas had taken over suf and it was probably best you didnt ruin any memories.

leslie is definitely strange. she used to be pretty hot, but i havent seen her in over a decade.

i think the sad truth is the only bar youll get a really cheap shot, is the bar in your kitchen...unless youre a 19yo blond bombshell with d cups.
"The worst thing about some men is that when they are not drunk they are undrunk." - William Butler Yeats

Slackjawd
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Slackjawd »

I've been getting shitfaced st The Spring Street Bar and Grill for cheap the past few years. It took a while, but I got to know enough of the bartenders, so they ain't afraid to pour them stro ng, and I usually spend less than $30 catching a jag. Doesn't work with all the bartenders, but when the rights ones are there, they hook you up. Not as colotrful of clietell as the fore-mentioned joints, but there's a handful of characters at the Springer, myself included.

Cowboy Joe
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Cowboy Joe »

I tend to find myself in Minneapolis quite a bit, and I generally head to the uptown neighborhood to drink cheap. I've gotten seriously drunk at Liquor Lyle's for 25 bucks, drinking 2-for-1 cocktails on a Tuesday afternoon.