Moon Under Water, Wolverhampton, UK

Where you like to get loaded, and why.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Heid
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Moon Under Water, Wolverhampton, UK

Post by Heid »

I've moved away from Wolverhampton recently but we used to always frequent this place when I was at uni. Five minute walk away, no loud music, booths and/or cozy couches, cheap booze, Monday Club (even cheaper booze), real ale on tap, just mellow drunken old men wiling away their last years.

God I miss that place. My graduation ceramony is coming soon though. And the venue is DIRECTLY opposite the Moon. Oh yes.

Saying that though I've been quite taken with Montgomery Tower here in Shrewsbury, which is essentially the same place what with them both being part of the Wetherspoons chain.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Moon Under Water, Wolverhampton, UK

Post by peetie44 »

Heid wrote:I've moved away from Wolverhampton recently but we used to always frequent this place when I was at uni. Five minute walk away, no loud music, booths and/or cozy couches, cheap booze, Monday Club (even cheaper booze), real ale on tap, just mellow drunken old men wiling away their last years.

God I miss that place. My graduation ceramony is coming soon though. And the venue is DIRECTLY opposite the Moon. Oh yes.

Saying that though I've been quite taken with Montgomery Tower here in Shrewsbury, which is essentially the same place what with them both being part of the Wetherspoons chain.
I wish I had lived in towns with names like Wolverhampton and Shrewsbury. Of course, I AM presently residing in the town of Neerpelt (translation: "inner-bog") Belgium.

CHEERS!
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

Heid wrote:I've moved away from Wolverhampton recently but we used to always frequent this place when I was at uni. Five minute walk away, no loud music, booths and/or cozy couches, cheap booze, Monday Club (even cheaper booze), real ale on tap, just mellow drunken old men wiling away their last years.

I've always found pubs belonging to the Wetherspoon chain to be somewhat lacking in character. Plenty of them up here in Scotland.

That's about my only criticism, however. Pints of ale for £1.69? That's pretty hard to beat.

Heid
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Heid »

Elvislution wrote: I've always found pubs belonging to the Wetherspoon chain to be somewhat lacking in character. Plenty of them up here in Scotland.

That's about my only criticism, however. Pints of ale for £1.69? That's pretty hard to beat.
Well, yeah it's not got the personality of a local boozer what with it being a corporate chain but the atmosphere in general is usually just "nice". And yeah, the prices have always been one of the main attractions for me.

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

I just fnished a shitty day at work in a Wetherspoons.

Initially, I needed change for the bus, but with Deuchars IPA at £1.49 a pint, I couldn't just have the one.

Cannot be faulted for price.

the_tard
Tippler
Tippler

Post by the_tard »

Shane's Dentist wrote:

I've always found pubs belonging to the Wetherspoon chain to be somewhat lacking in character. Plenty of them up here in Scotland.

I find that a Spoons is a good place to get warmed up as well as a good meeting place before heading out. We have a Moon Under Water in Leicester Sq. Cheap warm up beers are good, was even better a few years back when you used to get cheap drinks coupons in the post.

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

interesting fact; the wetherspoons chain was set up to loosely follow the tenets laid out in George Orwell's essay, "Moon under the Water", about his imaginary favourite pub
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best