Briny Irish Pub, Fort Lauderdale

Where you like to get loaded, and why.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Rooster
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Briny Irish Pub, Fort Lauderdale

Post by Rooster »

I've been down and around the Fort Lauderdale party scene. By and large the bars are pretentious clubs where the music is entirely too loud and people are jam packed together trying to swim above the ever-growing tide of douchery.
Briny's on the river? It's the neighborhood bar that even tourists feel at home in.
The food isn't overly Irish or authentic. For that, MacGuire's Hill 16, up the road is the place to be. Briny's food is bar food, through and through. The waitresses are friendly, and quick to serve, and the atmosphere is a little older and more relaxed than the oontz-oontz club-hoppers you'll see even in other taverns down the street. There is a large outdoor patio area, which is really where to be, though the bar outside is a little small and when the bands are playing, a little too loud for normal conversation. The plastic cup rule is embraced, which means getting a pint and sitting right on the river to watch the multimillion dollar megayachts drift by.
I especially recommend Sundays in the early afternoon. The bloke they've got who plays is rather entertaining, and with the breeze coming off the water, there are few places more relaxed and enjoyable to take in Bloody Mary.

bsd_tector
Souse
Souse

Re: Briny Irish Pub, Fort Lauderdale

Post by bsd_tector »

Hubby and I had so much fun there2 yrs ago. We met this guy who said he was the drummer for Jethro Tull. He invited us to come to his concert 2 nights later saying to pick up the tix at the will call window. We showed up and there was no tix. The band manager was called up to hear our story. He said the drummer was somewhat unreliable, but it was impossible that we had met him because they just arrived in FLA that day. I said "We've been hosed". Band manager laughed and gave us free tix anyway. GREAT CONCERT! Thank you imposter man at Briny's.
P.S. Perfectly poured Guinness!
"Honey, are you finished packing"?
"Yes dear, I'm just putting away this liquor now"

mitchlinley
Tippler
Tippler

Post by mitchlinley »

nice post.
Kindly post that bar's description & charges.
Seems to be a cool place.

beerkegbilly
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: in a hollow of a tree or in a wishing well but alway on my pot of gold really Penna USA

Post by beerkegbilly »

you can hope some pirates attack the mega yachts coming in