Whisky bars

Where you like to get loaded, and why.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Whisky Guy
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Whisky bars

Post by Whisky Guy »

What are some good ones out there? I travel around a fair bit and its always good to have a nice dram when you're out of town.
The best one around Vancouver is the Irish Heather in Gastown. This is why its so awesome. Great prices and amazing selection. The main 2 bartenders there know their shit and if you tell them what you like, they'll find a few more than you haven't tried but are similar.

aarenlainey
Tippler
Tippler

Re: Whisky bars

Post by aarenlainey »

Have you heard about Capone’s Jazz Bar?It is the only Jazz bar located in the heart of Yaletown offering a warm and cozy narrow bar to enjoy some fine dining while live jazz music plays at the end of the bar.It was amazing to be there.

Jelmo
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Jelmo »

L & B whiskycafé in Amsterdam. Great place, great people, great whiskies. Slainté!
"Don't give a damn how this turns out
Drain bottles just to scream and shout
On the run from reality
Poison helps me and go flee"

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Resident Asshole »

I really liked Ceili's in Calgary.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

Cowboy Joe
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Cowboy Joe »

Two I like a lot are the Dundee Dell in Omaha--an absolutely huge collection of Scotch, and they sell it by the bottle. For a pretty reasonable price, too. I head there quite a bit if I here about a new scotch and want to sample it before I lay out the cash to special order a case for myself.

Another good one, on the west coast, is Branch, in Portland. It's a little tucked away in the north part of town--in the not quite ghetto, not quite hippie neighborhood, but they have a great selection of bourbons. They do flights, which are a great way to try a lot of different whiskeys you've never had, and all of the bartenders I've talked to there know bourbon.

beerkegbilly
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God
Location: in a hollow of a tree or in a wishing well but alway on my pot of gold really Penna USA

Post by beerkegbilly »

I love whiskey bars