Trip To Chicago

Where you like to get loaded, and why.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Canadian
Souse
Souse

Trip To Chicago

Post by Canadian »

Hi all,

Haven't posted here, but I subscribe and generally follow the forums. I was trying to see if there was another convention this year, but apparently not. As a result, I said fuck it. I'll make my own convention. So I'm going on a trip to Chicago 26th to 29th March. I'm road-tripping from Toronto with a friend of mine. We're then picking up a few more friends in Michigan and heading to Chicago where we'll meet more people. None of us know the Chicago booze scene very well, so any pointers would help. Without further delay, I'd like to know the following:

1. What are the best bars in Chicago, of those; what's a must-visit?

2. What are the best music venues in Chicago for Rock of all sorts.

3. If anyone lives in the area and wants to join the party, just post your intent on this thread and we'll all meet up for a booze up.

3.5. If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know.

Cheers,

(Note: I posted this in in the wrong forum. A thousand apologies.)

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Trip To Chicago

Post by Wingman »

buy us a round and we'll think about it. knob creek for me, please.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

Canadian
Souse
Souse

Post by Canadian »

There's no fun in drinking with elitists. If you want me to buy a round, you'd better have a pretty good story to tell. ;)

Two Hearted
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Two Hearted »

Canadian wrote:Hi all,
Haven't posted here, but I subscribe and generally follow the forums.

...If you want me to buy a round, you'd better have a pretty good story to tell. ;)
If you follow the forums, you'd know that it is standard (and generally considered good manners) for a new person to introduce themselves in the Pub, and offer up a round to the rest of us drunkards.

I'll have a rum and diet coke please. Heavy on the rum, easy on the coke.

After a bev or two I may even loosen up a bit and recommend a few places for you to drink in Chicago.

ETA: Welcome.
The cabin sits shut-down, cold-frozen and empty, dead mice in the traps, waiting for me to drink alone there in the dark.
--Smatter

Canadian
Souse
Souse

Post by Canadian »

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Resident Asshole »

Depending on who/where you are picking up in Michigan you might come right through Lansing, where I am. If so, you must come up to my bar.

Also, I might join you on your trip if that is allowable. I'm a bit well-versed in downtown Chicago so I could direct you to at least a few cool spots. The Green Mill for sure. Simon's Tavern is my favorite. No bands there though. Let's road trip!
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

Canadian
Souse
Souse

Post by Canadian »

I'll check with my Michigan contact, not sure what route I'm taking yet, but I never turn down a good bar. As for venturing with us, travel isn't a problem so long as you can work out your own accommodation. I'll keep you updated as the details of my plan are coming together this weekend.

Resident Asshole

Post by Resident Asshole »

That's cool, just let em know what area you are staying in and I can start looking for a hotel, although I do also have a friend in a Northwest suburb who would let me crash for sure.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

aarenlainey
Tippler
Tippler

Post by aarenlainey »

I have never been to Chicago but my friend always go there and always try a new bar over there.He mentioned me about Elm St. Liquors. It's near Rush and Division but not as lame as the Rush and Division Bars. The name doesn't sound great but it's a cool lounge bar as he says that.