Bar suggestions for Washington DC

Where you like to get loaded, and why.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Oche
Souse
Souse

Bar suggestions for Washington DC

Post by Oche »

Visiting soon Washington DC, thinking of binging and bar/pub crawling, i need suggestions fellow drunkards for a few chugging places with cool music preferably with mid to late 60's rock and 70's thru 90's rock).

Jags
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Re: Bar suggestions for Washington DC

Post by Jags »

The Brickskellar is a must do on your pub crawl. Probably best for a first stop because they have 100's of beers.

http://www.lovethebeer.com/
-------------------------------------

The older I get, the better I was.

It's damn expensive to look this cheap.

Oche
Souse
Souse

Post by Oche »

Will do, thx for the tip.

Fbomb
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Fbomb »

First choice is called Zoo Bar, brother. Live blues/rock every night, cheap pints... can't beat it. you can even metro there.

Brickskeller is cool, their gimmick is the menu of 100s of beers from all over the world. But be prepared to wait long-time for your rounds if ya go there, it's a tourist hotspot esp this time of the year. Spent many, many nights there for parties. It's a novelty, but if you really just want to chill and slurp in some no-hassle pints in the nation's cap, there's better. See above.

If you want a whole block of commercialized options, go to Gallery Place Metro, where the Verizon Center is. That is many restaurant & bars in a few blocks radius. There's even a place called RFD that is owned by the Brickskeller people with a somwewhat comparable international list of brews, but for obvious reasons, still pretty touristy. In my book, the best pure drinking option is a place called the Black Rooster on L St. Pretty crowded on weekend nights, but it's still a drinker's bar. Charm is, they were owned by the same outfit that used to own a longtime DC monument, Blackie's House of Beef (no joke), which closed down a few years ago. But the Rooster kept the same suppliers, so you can still get great food there. I recommend the full rack of ribs. But only if you plan on eating. It's a great place even if yre on a fluid plan for the night. Best.

Oche
Souse
Souse

Post by Oche »

Thx, will keep those in mind...