Woody Cloud - Shizuoka, JP

Where you like to get loaded, and why.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

wired
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Woody Cloud - Shizuoka, JP

Post by wired »

Woody Cloud is a very comfortable reggae themed izakaya-bar. Outstanding drink menu, full food menu, stiff drinks, and attentive staff who are always down for drinking games. It's next to impossible to get 86'd and getting falling down drunk is the expectation. The bar closes when the customers have all gone home and not a minute earlier. Every time I have to leave Japan, the staff sends me off with a bottle to survive the trip.

Japan has a lot of great drinking spots. Woody Cloud is at the top of those. I've been in Shizuoka for going on two years now and never get tired of drinking at Woody Cloud. If you show the staff my avatar, you'll instantly become an insider.

Edited to add website: http://www.woodycloud.jp (Japanese). I promised the manager I'd include the website in any posts or articles about the bar.

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Woody Cloud - Shizuoka, JP

Post by Wingman »

"woody cloud" sounds like it might be a euphemism. is it?
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

wired
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Re: Woody Cloud - Shizuoka, JP

Post by wired »

It certainly is a euphemism, for precisely what you might think... at least the Woody part is. I tried to nail down the manager once about the Cloud part of the name, but he was drunk as usual.

The euphemism is quite fitting though since the bar is a favorite afterwork hangout of drinkie girls from hostess clubs around town.