plastic pints

Where you like to get loaded, and why.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

3DrinksAhead
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

plastic pints

Post by 3DrinksAhead »

what the hell is wrong with this country? WHy is it that the last 4 (yes, 4) bars i went into in boston tried to serve me my "pint" of guinness in a PLASTIC RED SOX CUP THAT ONLY HELD ABOUT 13 OZ!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Its a good thing im not a violent person by nature, i can tell you. :evil:

Combat Rock
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Combat Rock »

Damn! Did you refuse them!?!?!?!
"Oops there goes another year - there goes another pint of beer."
"I drank one and it turned to four. On the floor and I drank more. Now I'm never seeing you again!"

3DrinksAhead
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by 3DrinksAhead »

no, damnit, i was too hungry for my sweet black nectar. But i damn well should have! I couldnt believe it happened 4 times, in sucession, at 4 different bars. To be fair, they werent all in boston, one had a broken dishwasher (?) and one had had a pretty nasty incident the night before involving heavy glasses being introduced to skulls at unsafe velocity. But COME ON!!!

Drunken Sailor
Souse
Souse

Post by Drunken Sailor »

That is just plain wrong. Not only were you shorted, but it would not taste right in plastic.
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
-Hunter S. Thompson
ImageImage

Post by Guest »

That is just plain wrong. Not only were you shorted, but it would not taste right in plastic.

3DrinksAhead
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by 3DrinksAhead »

allright, forgive my ignorance, but i seem to have been upgraded from mere 'tippler' to 'souse'. Not that im complaining, you understand, but please to explain?

Combat Rock
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Combat Rock »

I think the more posts you make, the more full glasses and the better the "rank" you get?
"Oops there goes another year - there goes another pint of beer."
"I drank one and it turned to four. On the floor and I drank more. Now I'm never seeing you again!"

whiskygeek
Tippler
Tippler

Post by whiskygeek »

Either get used to the plastic, or fight it with every breath in your body. The nanny states of the world are seriously looking at blanket banning traditional glass in favour of toughened, or, preferably, plastic. This would involve decanting all glass bottles into plastic before serving you. They're at it in Glasgow already, looking at it for Scotland, and it's been debated for the UK. Dangerous times for drunkards, brothers and sisters.
Whisky is beer that has received a higher calling

DeafDrinker
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by DeafDrinker »

This happened to me one time and I was thinking to myself how incredibly gay it was. My beer got warmer quicker and I missed the heft of a glass pint.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Whosoever invented the plastic pint should be tied to a tree and shot with a blunderbuss full of his own shite.

The Drunken Songstress
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by The Drunken Songstress »

JohnnyYen wrote:Whosoever invented the plastic pint should be tied to a tree and shot with a blunderbuss full of his own shite.
Yeah, then lit on fire!!!
Role the dice to see if I'm drunk!

Pavement Pizza
Souse
Souse

Post by Pavement Pizza »

f'd up repugnant shite!
I don't wear glasses, I empty them.

My favorite kind of beer is the one I just emptied.

Me: "I thought I chose my company more carefully."
Friend: "Christ, you've struck out and put two strikes on the next guy who would walk in. Disgraceful."

Da Raider
Booze Head
Booze Head

Re: plastic pints

Post by Da Raider »

That happened to me in Orlando at one of those bullshit Disney run bars. I gave the guy a look of disgust and sent it away. Plastic cups are only acceptable when they are running a dollar beer night for the cheap domestic stuff.
When they land we blow up the roof, they spend a month sifting through rubble, and by the time they work out what went wrong, we'll be sitting on a beach, earning twenty percent.

Dr. Dotto S. Blotto
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Dr. Dotto S. Blotto »

i hate plastic cups. there. i said it. i'm NOT taking it back.
Slave to the Id since 1968.
Less Talk, More Monkey

"DRIVE, MONKEY! DRIVE!" - Dante

MikeNZ
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by MikeNZ »

Yup,
It's a new feel-good trend on behalf of the anti-fun brigade.
The missus and I went out on New Years Eve here to the local Irish bar, we asked for a double of Jack each and a pint for me and a glass of wine for the missus.
We were informed that we were only allowed to buy spirits by the single shot, new rules apparently. :(
But when we got our drinks, the shots were in what I can only liken to pill containers.
Everything was in plastic "glasses", booze just isn't the same when you have to drink it out of a faux drinking vessel.
After we had our drinks we went down to the local bottle store and got some beers and spirits and went home.
If those are the rules when you go out to have a good time, I'd sooner stay at home where I can not be bossed around by some pointless rules.
Go hard or go home!