It's so cruel...

Where you like to get loaded, and why.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

TheMightyHaines
Souse
Souse

It's so cruel...

Post by TheMightyHaines »

A few weeks ago, I finally found my favourite bar. A place that looks like someone literally gave the owner a list of all the products I like - favourite beers, favourite bourbon, the works - and they put it all in one place just waiting for me.
And it's in the middle of nowhere, twenty miles out of town, so I can only have a couple before I drive home.
The gods are cruel to show me such a thing of beauty and then deign that I can't get drunk in it.
Needless to say, I'm looking at bus timetables more and more often...
"Until you've had a shot of whiskey and a good cigar you're missing out on the second and third best things in life..."

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: It's so cruel...

Post by Mr. Viking »

buy a tent. I believe these pubs are referred to as being built with drink driving in mind
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Move closer. Short drive to drink is worth a longer drive to work.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

buy a taxi company, then you'd get free cab rides
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

Patchez wrote:Move closer. Short drive to drink is worth a longer drive to work.
listen to this guy. he's a doctor or some shit.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

TheMightyHaines
Souse
Souse

Post by TheMightyHaines »

"A doctor or some shit" is where I get most of my advice! Sold! I'll move house, buy a tent and whatever the fuck the other thing was. It's late.
"Until you've had a shot of whiskey and a good cigar you're missing out on the second and third best things in life..."

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Yes, have felt this sort of attraction to a dive bar in another remote community. It's the 'Thirsty Club Lounge' in Redondo Beach Cal. Stumbled over it after a failed early morning appointment nearby. Having drove 10mi. and to turn back, it's '50's facade caught my eye and merged with my frustration making me pull a hard right into their driveway and park in the back lot. It was 10:30am on a Monday morning and I found myself almost elbow to elbow with fellow drunkards. Mentioned what a pleasant feeling it was to be so thoroughly soused on Jager and beer on a Monday morn while everyone else is working. This is one of my life's highlights. Some one left a copy of the big book on a back table near the exit. This was appreciated since it reminded me of what awaits me if control is lost over my desires.
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Zippy
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Zippy »

It's always a good day to get ripped!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Indeed, dive bars before noon are exquisite.

I like to drink alone with others.

I can utter nonsensical non sequiturs anon, and they will be accepted with a non-committal nod.

Response to the video above: (apologies for the ad before it plays)

http://youtu.be/yvHqWciyu1E

Blackneto
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Blackneto »

TheMightyHaines wrote:A few weeks ago, I finally found my favourite bar. A place that looks like someone literally gave the owner a list of all the products I like - favourite beers, favourite bourbon, the works - and they put it all in one place just waiting for me.
And it's in the middle of nowhere, twenty miles out of town, so I can only have a couple before I drive home.
The gods are cruel to show me such a thing of beauty and then deign that I can't get drunk in it.
Needless to say, I'm looking at bus timetables more and more often...
Why blame the gods when it looks like those you succor are protecting you by putting this haven just far enough out of reach that it saves you greater heartache?
it's all chaff, a striving after the wind.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Blackneto wrote:Why blame the gods when it looks like those you succor are protecting you by putting this haven just far enough out of reach that it saves you greater heartache?
Indeed, a man's reach should exceed his grasp. Else, what are dreams for?
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Palinka wrote:
Blackneto wrote:Why blame the gods when it looks like those you succor are protecting you by putting this haven just far enough out of reach that it saves you greater heartache?
Indeed, a man's reach should exceed his grasp. Else, what are dreams for?
Well said, and well met, you gentlemen.

To dream, perchance to drink?

My liver is much older than I am, but I am new here in this place that feels like home, at last.

Otherwise,I would truly enjoy your party http://www.drunkard.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=67938

Huh.
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze