Your own bar?

Where you like to get loaded, and why.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Jollyroger1210
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Location: Halfway between Yuengling and the Whiskey Rebellion

Your own bar?

Post by Jollyroger1210 »

How many of you have your own bar? Not just a well stocked cabinet, but an actual bar setup? I have one, whose acquisition is a tale in and of itself, but it's 500 miles away, and too big to bring home in one piece (it lives in infamy at my fraternity house, of course), but I'd like to make another one. anybody got tips or plans, or should I just go to home depot and buy a bunch of wood and screws?
"I only drink on days that start with a T; Tuesday, Thursday, today, and tomorrow."

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: Your own bar?

Post by Mr. Viking »

I don't have one, but I need one. I remember a childhood friend's parents having one in their basement, which was never used and has been removed (oh the shame). Renting a flat does make it a bit of a pipe dream. I do have draught beer though, thanks to my pressure barrel, and a fairly well stocked cocktail cabinet. Sadly my wine cellar (wardrobe) is looking a bit bare at the moment. Also, please do tell the other sory and stop being a wuss and break the bar up to transport it home
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Jollyroger1210
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard
Location: Halfway between Yuengling and the Whiskey Rebellion

Post by Jollyroger1210 »

skeeter's Place
skeeter's Place
imagejpeg_2_12.jpg (21 KiB) Viewed 3470 times
It's not so much a "being a wuss", it's just that German engineering students didn't design it to be taken apart and re-assembled. (German engineering, am i right?)

To make a long story short, It was late in the term a few years ago (we had weird schedules, so probably.. late September 2010?), and my fraternity was having one last party before finals started. the German exchange students, who were finishing up their stay, were invited, as usual, and realized one thing.

They would be flying home in about ten days, and couldn't take their home built tiki bar on the plane (bit large for carry on, I'd say). the six of them, decided to bring it to the party, with the intentions of bribing the people working the door. Except I was already outside. I asked them what the hell it was, they replied "A tiki bar!!", and i asked if I could have it. They said yes, but under one condition.
"You get us into the party."
And let them in I did. Now, they would have been welcome anyways, but they seemed not to know that. So i let them in to the side door, conveniently located near my room, and we dropped off the bar and proceeded to party.

Since that day, it has made its appearance at many social functions, been punched a few times, been used as a DJ booth (what a disgrace that was)... the list goes on and on. Sadly, I no longer attend that school, but I left it there to remind future generations that nothing bad can become of swindling Germans. I talked to a friend who still attends that school, and whom I have left in control of the bar's fate, and he said he's using any and all supplies left over from the restoration of the main house bar to reinforce and beautify it.

TL;DR it's weak and stole it from some Germans.
Pic related, it's Skeeter's Place
"I only drink on days that start with a T; Tuesday, Thursday, today, and tomorrow."

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

I have a big desk that I use as a bar when people are round
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Mr. Viking wrote:I have a big desk that I use as a bar when people are round
Indeed.

I have the same sort of friends as well that affords me no chance of keeping a fully-stocked bar at any time.

I am friends with culprits, and I am also a culprit.

Amen, Sir Viking.

onedollarbob
Tippler
Tippler

Post by onedollarbob »

No bar. I have a lounge. The liquor stays in the kitchen, the drinking stays in the lounge. It is equipped with bad '70s lighting, furniture from the likes of 'Clockwork Orange,' 6 feet of vinyl records w/turntable, and a shag rug sculpture on the wall. Oh, and the proverbial glass and chrome coffee table for coke benders. I guess you could say my place is where you have a drink after the bar (or before, or both. . . . ).
"Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker."--Ogden Nash