The Dive Bar Debate

Where you like to get loaded, and why.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: The Dive Bar Debate

Post by Patchez »

Stendhal wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:44 am
Thanks, I will have to give that bar a go, looks like a good time
Best grouper tacos I've ever had. No hard liquor though. Just beer and wine. Oh and bait.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Stendhal
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Stendhal »

Thanks for the heads up, will have to bring a flask
Everything in moderation, including moderation

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

If there is a strong sense of Pinesol every half hour, you know you are in a dive bar with commercial grade deodorizer. But who really cares when you are getting totally shitfaced?
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.

Stendhal
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Stendhal »

Friend, my only concern is not paying more than 3 bucks a pop for my beam and water, gin and club soda, or scotch and water.
Everything in moderation, including moderation

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Lush City wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:49 am
If there is a strong sense of Pinesol every half hour, you know you are in a dive bar with commercial grade deodorizer. But who really cares when you are getting totally shitfaced?
Your women had that scent, if you were lucky
Drink!

Rye and Coke
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant
Location: You know that place between sleep and awake, the place where you can still remember dreaming?"

Post by Rye and Coke »

I discovered a new dive bar down the block from where I live. It's not as close as my favorite bar (which is now off limits to me because of some unpleasantness), but maybe a 20 minute walk from my home. Oh, it was glorious. Nobody was there. Bartender was nice and grandmama-ish, and next door was a diner that stays over 24/7. My only regret is that I don't remember much of my time there.
"They told me to see the glass half full cause some see it as half empty
I chose to see the glass twice the size it needed to be" - Pharoahe Monch, 'Broken Again'

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Dear Booze »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:59 pm
I discovered a new dive bar down the block from where I live. It's not as close as my favorite bar (which is now off limits to me because of some unpleasantness), but maybe a 20 minute walk from my home. Oh, it was glorious. Nobody was there. Bartender was nice and grandmama-ish, and next door was a diner that stays over 24/7. My only regret is that I don't remember much of my time there.
Sounds glorious. Looking forward to updates from your time spent there. Try to remember. Better yet, make little notes on bar napkins, then get crippling drunk, and post verbatim what you wrote the night before. This might be fun.
DRINK!

Lush City
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Lush City »

Rye and Coke wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:59 pm
An all nite diner! That's enough to make Homer Simpson drool...
Found myself in the Matrix and took the red pill. Now I want the blue pill and my bottle and leave me alone.