Beachcomber

Where you like to get loaded, and why.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Fisher Kat
Tippler
Tippler

Beachcomber

Post by Fisher Kat »

Just about all my favorite watering holes are gone now. Closed down, razed to make room for those cheezy theme chain taverns. Watered down drinks, entirely too much brass and reproduced early to mid 20th century metal advertisement signs. Flare doesn’t sit well with me while I’m quaffing. Give me an old mom and pop roadside bar any day.

Hell, one can’t even smoke in 98% of my state’s bars. That’s about the only time I want to smoke a few butts is while sitting in a bar. Used to have a good smoking bar on the way home from work, but for some reason or another it shut down.

Are all the good bars going extinct ?

Luckily there’s another cozy local tavern on my commute home, The Beachcomber, odd name as it's located kind of inland. Moderately prices, friendly enough patrons and barmaids, strong drinks, pool tables, smoking and no fucking jerkwad wait staff clad in burgundy hued aprons, sporting name tags who check in at all the wrong times and are never there when you really need them.

Beachcomber Yorktown Virginia.