TV Show - Best Bars In America

Where you like to get loaded, and why.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

maltlicker11
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

TV Show - Best Bars In America

Post by maltlicker11 »

I just started watching this show - it is dangerous - makes you want to go on road trips...

It is from Esquire Magazine and chronicles 2 guys visiting bars mostly from David Wondrich's (distant relative to Frank Rich?) Best Bars annual lists.
They did Milwaukee/Chicago/San Fran in episode 1, Portland,OR in 2 and Austin in last night's ep 3.

Looks like Wednesday is drinking tv night here in the States. (Best Bars and Drunk History)

http://tv.esquire.com/shows/best-bars-in-america
It's Immaterial - Life's hard and then you die
Licker is quicker

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: TV Show - Best Bars In America

Post by mistah willies »

Very cool.

But Jameson shots? Should be sipped?

Hell, who am I to talk. (Car bombs are like chocolate cake and, well, I digress)

But that blondie at the bar was pretty got, yup.

NOw looking up a charleston chew drink, for she could teach a lesson about the Charleston

Anyways, gonna further explore your link tamarah, in the breakfast drink time.

Thanks!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Always thought about doing a TV show about drinking round the globe. But the state our society is in at the moment it would be very hard to find a channel paying for and airing it.
Drink!

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

oettinger wrote:Always thought about doing. Pr TV show about drinking round the globe. But the state our society is in at the moment it would be very hard to find a channel paying for and airing it.
Nope. In fact, it was another highpoint in the proud history of British television, "Dom Joly's Happy Hour". The premise of the show was that Dom Joly and a friend would get abso-fucking-lutely trollied in a different country each episode (sadly, it only lasted for six episodes); the countries that they got hammered in were:
America
Russia
Mexico
Europe (bits of it, anyway)
Australia
Those interested, can watch the show where they got totally ripped to the tits in the USA, by clicking here (from there you can find the other episodes quite easily, if you want to watch two idiots get fucked up in foreign (to them) climes.

Enjoy!
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

some good watching there. Love how he tries to hide his smoking by holding cigarettes out of shot
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

maltlicker11

Post by maltlicker11 »

Palinka, thank so much for telly-ing us about Dom Joly. I have watched eps 1-3 on youtube and am bittorrent downloading 4-6. (I also want to thank you for recommending "Withnail and I" years ago on this forum. I watch it again every few years. Oomska!)
It's Immaterial - Life's hard and then you die
Licker is quicker

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

That's what I'm hear for.

Glad you enjoyed them.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage