The Fork & Tap

Where you like to get loaded, and why.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

The Fork & Tap

Post by Casual Binger »

This is a newish pub in an oldish building in my parents town. They've got some great beers on tap, including Emersons. Good selection of single malts which they serve in Glencairn glasses. Nice wine list n great atmosphere, with a fire inside, tables outside on the street n a big beergarden out the back. There's even a playground for kids. It was started by the guy who used to run Arrowtowns best bottle store. It's still the best bottle store in town, but I for one am glad he decided to sell it n open a pub.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: The Fork & Tap

Post by oettinger »

Strange, as a german I should not read "this is a jewish pub".

Anyway then, fire inside, really? How? Why? But cool I think.
See, they got the coffee liqueur with tequilla going, archer drinks are for real.
I`ll take that disaronno-makers-cointreau-frangelico-bombay-midori-appletons-jim-pernod cocktail for nine bucks then. Double of course
Drink!

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Casual Binger »

In NZ a "double" means a single. A single is called a half. So a double is 30 mls.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Casual Binger wrote:In NZ a "double" means a single. A single is called a half. So a double is 30 mls.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Ya know, if you say the name of this bar with a proper Drunkard shlurry shpeach, it sounds like

"The Farking Tap." ARRRR!

I would visit this place. I just can nae read a map at this moment in my pershpective

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

mistah willies wrote:Ya know, if you say the name of this bar with a proper Drunkard shlurry shpeach, it sounds like

"The Farking Tap." ARRRR!

I would visit this place. I just can nae read a map at this moment in my pershpective
Turn it on the other side, the colorfully painted stuff leads you to glory. Not the bland thing
Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

oettinger wrote:Turn it on the other side, the colorfully painted stuff leads you to glory. Not the bland thing

Come to find out, there is no other side to look at. This map has only one side. When you flip it over, it's no longer there.

Just like this bottle.

Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze