When in Lansing.

Where you like to get loaded, and why.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

When in Lansing.

Post by Patchez »

Two weeks ago I was in Lansing MI for a beer fest for a Facebook group that Resident Asshole had added me to years ago. Short version of this story was I had a blast at the Fest on Saturday and got to hang with R.A. at two of his favorite watering holes.

Stobers was the first place we hit. Classic neighbor hood bar. Well used and comfortably broke in by thousands of regulars over the years. A little divey and a little Craft beer bar. Just so you know with all the fucking great breweries in MI even the shittiest little dive will have a few great beers on tap. Stobers has about 8 or 10. The bartenders were outstanding and you could order food from the bar down the street.

Over all a pretty bitchin place. If I lived anywhere near it, it would be a regular haunt.

The view that greets you as you walk in off the street.

Large Griffin or Dragon, depending on who you ask, perched over either end of the bar.

The bar and overhead awesomeness.

Couldn't fit all the awesomeness in one pic.

They had a classic full 21 foot shuffle board game. Two really this one and one on the booth seating upper tier area.

Taken from the booth area looking out the front door.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: When in Lansing.

Post by Patchez »

We also went down the street two doors to the bar we ordered food from and was also a nice divey dart bar. Moriarty's was an excellent place to bend an elbow with darts and with drink.

Outside.

inside with RA.

Inside looking out. Yea day drinking!

Can't really do one with out the other.

Plenty of boards to shoot at.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Finally I'd like to say thanks to Resident Asshole for sharing these sweet little locals with me and the wife. You are an excellent host and Bar Sherpa!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Patchez wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:15 pm
Two weeks ago I was in Lansing MI for a beer fest for a Facebook group that Resident Asshole had added me to years ago. Short version of this story was I had a blast at the Fest on Saturday and got to hang with R.A. at two of his favorite watering holes.

Stobers was the first place we hit. Classic neighbor hood bar. Well used and comfortably broke in by thousands of regulars over the years. A little divey and a little Craft beer bar. Just so you know with all the fucking great breweries in MI even the shittiest little dive will have a few great beers on tap. Stobers has about 8 or 10. The bartenders were outstanding and you could order food from the bar down the street.

Over all a pretty bitchin place. If I lived anywhere near it, it would be a regular haunt.

This place looks does look bitchin'. The disco ball really ties the room together. And who isn't down for some shuffleboard action?!
Okole maluna!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Sorry to say, but these boards seem outta place. I`d would rest my jug on in it a millionth time with the staff complaing.
Other than that great pix P
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

oettinger wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:24 am
Sorry to say, but these boards seem outta place. I`d would rest my jug on in it a millionth time with the staff complaing.
Other than that great pix P
I like the board near the door where there's the possibility of wayward darts flyin' in to someone as they walk in. Awesome!
Okole maluna!

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Resident Asshole »

Just got settled in after the move and great pics Patchez. Nice hanging out and sorry I couldn't be a better host. The mancave is coming into full effect at the new abode if you happen to come into town again.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Good host and guide to your local haunts for the explorer, yup.

Also, how the hell did Patchez foretell the demise of Photfuckit? He's posted images form Imgur all along. Maybe that is why one might never win a game against him.

He's a bit of a puzzler.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

mistah willies wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:53 pm
Good host and guide to your local haunts for the explorer, yup.

Also, how the hell did Patchez foretell the demise of Photfuckit? He's posted images form Imgur all along. Maybe that is why one might never win a game against him.

He's a bit of a puzzler.
main reason I jumped ship with photofucit was they limited how many pics you could store. When I was paintballing back in the day I had a ton of pics to post. Blew the limit befor eI had half the pics for a weekend game down loaded. Imgur never had this limit.

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

^ ^ ^

Had no idea there was a limit. Damn, man, they created limits because of you.

Hey, the friggin uploading time was always a pisser for me. I need to check this imgur thing out. Next thing you know, I'll be twatting and bacefooking....