Have you ever been 86'd from your favorite bar?

Where you like to get loaded, and why.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: Have you ever been 86'd from your favorite bar?

Post by oettinger »

Bartender in lovely Exeter: You`ve had enough
Me being german, not knowing what he was talking about: Stupid question! Not at all

I wasn`t 86`d, but wasn`t served any more
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

A bouncer carried me out to my friends car in the college town bar I frequented. That's like having the red carpet rolled out for drunks.
Okole maluna!

Rooster
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Rooster »

My best-friend and I would get 86'd from Pittsburgh's Pub on 47th and Judah in San Francisco pretty regularly. It was like a "soft" 86ing. We'd get into a scrap after one or the other of us punched the other one in the balls on the way to the bathroom; or I'd "sneeze" when someone was prepping a line of coke on the bar; or, one of us would say something stupid like, "I'm not going to call you and your friend by your names tonight... from now on, you're 'Dick' and you're 'Sucker."

My buddy and I would end up smoking-discarded butts in the gutter; thrown there by the bouncer. A few weeks later, we'd go in, buy the owner a couple of shots, and be allowed back in "so long as we didn't cause any trouble, like last time."

We always caused the exact same trouble as the last time.

Pat Magroin
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Pat Magroin »

I've never been asked to leave ANY bar. What I do once I get to know the bartender is I ALWAYS tip well. (It insures quick service, strong drinks, a free drink from time to time and a tip off when a single woman is approachable). I also tell the bartender if I start to get stupid cut me off and send me home. The philosophy being before I blow a chance at picking up a woman and making myself look stupid I'll be back to play another day.
Forgot to mention the first reason I go to bars is drink, obviously,.. but just as important is to get laid
Where the fuck am I and how did I get here?

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Pat Magroin wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:10 am
I've never been asked to leave ANY bar. What I do once I get to know the bartender is I ALWAYS tip well. (It insures quick service, strong drinks, a free drink from time to time and a tip off when a single woman is approachable). I also tell the bartender if I start to get stupid cut me off and send me home. The philosophy being before I blow a chance at picking up a woman and making myself look stupid I'll be back to play another day.
Forgot to mention the first reason I go to bars is drink, obviously,.. but just as important is to get laid
Nah I wanna get drunk, as much as I can. Gettin laid is last on my list
Drink!

Pat Magroin
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by Pat Magroin »

oettinger wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:12 am
Pat Magroin wrote:
Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:10 am
Nah I wanna get drunk, as much as I can. Gettin laid is last on my list
Agreed but I can ALWAYS drink at home, alone. Priorities ma man, priorities!
Where the fuck am I and how did I get here?

Rooster
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Rooster »

My buddy and I would regularly get thrown out of the local for fighting with each other. He'd smack me in the balls on my way to the restroom and we'd just throw down. I'd salt his beer while he was on the phone, he'd drink it, we'd throw down. That sort of assholish behavior.

The bouncer was an old Italian guy in a tracksuit and he grab up us both either by the ear or the back of the neck and deposit us in the gutter in front of the bar. Not the sidewalk... he made it very clear we belonged in the gutter like the trash we were. We'd sit down on the gutter, smoke a cigarette, hug each other, work it out... and about ten minutes later the owner would come out, ask us why we got kicked out, invite us back in, and buy us a round.

I don't know how much of it was taking pity on us for both having PTSD or how much of it was the massive amount of blow he did. Probably a little A, a little B.

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Merchant Seaman »

Yes, More than once in fact

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Merchant Seaman wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 5:38 pm
Yes, More than once in fact
Have you ever been kicked off a boat?
Drink!

Merchant Seaman
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Merchant Seaman »

Yes