2013 CONVENTION

Are you planning a booze up? Conscript soldiers for your personal war on whiskey here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Palinka (RIP)

Re: 2013 CONVENTION

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

treetop wrote:heh. there ain't no such thing as a deadline.
Douglas Adams wrote:I love deadlines. I love the whooshing sound they make as they fly by...
But we are getting off topic. So all talk on this thread should now be about Con. 2013.
And if we're talking Denver, which we seem to be doing, then FKR has to be in. End Of...
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

One for the Frog
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by One for the Frog »

Unfortunately and suprisingly I have to skip the convention this time.
I don't know who had this 'brilliant" idea but Convention without FKR? Hahh, you must have been drinking too little! That strange un-drunk voice was speaking from your head.

One for the Frog

Post by One for the Frog »

By the way, I asked, and the simian approves it not, either, so you don't really have too many choices

Crystal
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by Crystal »

What about Memorial Day weekend- Friday through Sunday? Most people will have that Monday off, which will be necessary to nurse that hangover from the weekend. Maybe we can book the same place we did the 2nd convention?
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
GFYCMD- Go Fuck Yourself, Captain Mike Davis.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Crystal wrote:What about Memorial Day weekend- Friday through Sunday? Most people will have that Monday off, which will be necessary to nurse that hangover from the weekend. Maybe we can book the same place we did the 2nd convention?
Frank says August. So August it mote (look it up) be. Else operate outside the MDM Banner (and I don't fancy your chances in Denver, much).
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Crystal
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by Crystal »

Palinka wrote:
Crystal wrote:What about Memorial Day weekend- Friday through Sunday? Most people will have that Monday off, which will be necessary to nurse that hangover from the weekend. Maybe we can book the same place we did the 2nd convention?
Frank says August. So August it mote (look it up) be. Else operate outside the MDM Banner (and I don't fancy your chances in Denver, much).
Does he have a particular weekend in mind?
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
GFYCMD- Go Fuck Yourself, Captain Mike Davis.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Crystal wrote: Does he have a particular weekend in mind?
Yes. Maybe you should contact him (or, y'know me - who, not incidentally, has been asking you to get in touch)?

End of the day, it's his ball. He only lets us play with it. Respect is due...
ドロンケン
ImageImage

treetop

Post by treetop »

isn't there a guy who had an idea for a thing that made us all sort of be here to begin with? yeah. let's not try chucking that dude under the bus. that's my thinking. also, i wish to attend said event.
it's all good in the woods, nobody hears me when i scream.

Screwball
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: A half foot away from a cat's nutsack. I Gotta get the DevilKat Fixed!

Post by Screwball »

I like August. It'll give me a break from the Tejas heat. As Lloyd Chirstmas once said,"I like it a lot!!".

Modern Drunkard
Site Admin

Post by Modern Drunkard »

I'm totally down for DrunkCon 2013. The thing is, it takes a helluva lot of organizing, which in the past was done mostly by my now ex-wife. Mr current wife has a different skill set. So we'd have to set up some sort of team to get it cranking in the right direction. Another thing to be aware of is these things almost always lose money.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Modern Drunkard wrote:I'm totally down for DrunkCon 2013. The thing is, it takes a helluva lot of organizing, which in the past was done mostly by my now ex-wife. Mr current wife has a different skill set. So we'd have to set up some sort of team to get it cranking in the right direction. Another thing to be aware of is these things almost always lose money.
I'm in. And I'll help organise.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Screwball
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: A half foot away from a cat's nutsack. I Gotta get the DevilKat Fixed!

Post by Screwball »

By the way, if this does happen, I will make ThirstyDrunk show up. Mark My Words, Fucktards!

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Screwball wrote:By the way, if this does happen, I will make ThirstyDrunk show up. Mark My Words, Fucktards!
Sounds more like a threat.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Screwball
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Screwball »

ThurstonDrunk wrote:
Screwball wrote:By the way, if this does happen, I will make ThirstyDrunk show up. Mark My Words, Fucktards!
Sounds more like a threat.
I will personally fly to Ohio and kick you square in the nuts if you don't. Now That is a threat, Jesus Christ Supershit!

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

No I meant a threat to everyone else.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought