2018 Vegas Trip

Are you planning a booze up? Conscript soldiers for your personal war on whiskey here.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

2918 drunk meetup

Vegas
36%
Denver
64%

Total votes: 25

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: 2018 Vegas Trip

Post by Patchez »

Sorry WP. Shoupd have read through all the posts. DB 'splained it. Also if it helps this is the room layout we got. I think. It may be different but still sleeps 8. https://www.clubwyndham.com/cw/resorts/ ... esert.page

Also a link to the resort over all. https://www.clubwyndham.com/cw/resorts/ ... esert.page
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Dear Booze
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Re: 2018 summer trip

Post by Dear Booze »

Patchez wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:41 pm
Dear Booze wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:20 am
whiskeyprick wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:46 am

Read this thread many times drunk and still don't know the dates. Do tell.
First Weekend of August. Most people are arriving on Thursday, August 2. Some are arriving earlier, some on Friday.

Any chance you will make it?
oettinger wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:21 pm
The weekend bridging July and August 2018 would be it, starting officially on the saturday, arrivals on friday. End open! Lets go!
Loosely translated as the First weekend in Aug. We'll be getting there Wed the 1st with others arriving the 2nd and or 3rd for a weekendish or more in the lovely Sin City.
I still haven't decided if I will drive or fly. Six shitty hours in a car or one hour in the air. Either way, I arrive on Thursday night.
DRINK!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Drive and pick up flight-fright Lush
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Dear Booze wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:12 am
Patchez wrote:
Dear Booze wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:20 am

First Weekend of August. Most people are arriving on Thursday, August 2. Some are arriving earlier, some on Friday.

Any chance you will make it?
oettinger wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:21 pm
The weekend bridging July and August 2018 would be it, starting officially on the saturday, arrivals on friday. End open! Lets go!
Loosely translated as the First weekend in Aug. We'll be getting there Wed the 1st with others arriving the 2nd and or 3rd for a weekendish or more in the lovely Sin City.
I still haven't decided if I will drive or fly. Six shitty hours in a car or one hour in the air. Either way, I arrive on Thursday night.
Umm...one hour in the air? Leaves 5 hours of more drinking time in Vegas.
Okole maluna!

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:32 am
Dear Booze wrote:
Patchez wrote:

Apparently, you are a math genious!

The issue is that I won't get to vegas until after 10 pm if I fly. But if I drive, I can leave early and get to vegas earlier.

But I fucking hate that drive. It's terrible. By far the most painful six hours ever.
DRINK!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

Dear Booze wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:45 pm
Artful Drunktective wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:32 am
Dear Booze wrote:

Apparently, you are a math genious!

The issue is that I won't get to vegas until after 10 pm if I fly. But if I drive, I can leave early and get to vegas earlier.

But I fucking hate that drive. It's terrible. By far the most painful six hours ever.
Thanks! I totally am a "genious"!

I don't get why there aren't more convenient flights to Vegas. Don't thousands of people fly there like, every single minute? I too, have the same conundrum (obviously not the driving part) but my options are arriving at 7:25 a.m. or midnight. Same as Patchez and da wife so they chose the midnight the eve before. So I too am arriving the 1st at 7:25 a.m. When you arrive, you'll find me laying face down in an alley somewhere per usual (probably near the Plaza hotel) but thankfully you will be driving your Beamer so please, pick me up. No Turkish rugs allowed, please.
Okole maluna!

Casual Binger
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Casual Binger »

I don’t think I’m going to make it. Thanks for the 20 bucks Patchez, I’ll buy you a beer if I’m ever in Pennsylvania. I will also buy myself one lottery ticket, in case I win enough for a trip to Vegas. Finger crossed, eh?

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Casual Binger wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 10:33 pm
I don’t think I’m going to make it. Thanks for the 20 bucks Patchez, I’ll buy you a beer if I’m ever in Pennsylvania. I will also buy myself one lottery ticket, in case I win enough for a trip to Vegas. Finger crossed, eh?
Cheers and no worries. If the lottery ticket doesn't pan out use the rest to buy yourself a drink!
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

With the Vegas trip only 2 weeks away, I feel that some organization is warranted. I will PM my cell number to those who I know will be attending and I encourage you to do the same. Once we have all phone numbers, we can start a group text to communicate to all.

I will be arriving at about 7:00 pm on Thursday (I've decided to fly). I will head directly to the Flamingo and will immediately go to the Cabaret Bar. It is located just a few steps from the registration desk.

I really don't have an agenda except for drinking and at least one trip to the Double Down Saloon and Frankie's Tiki Room.
DRINK!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Dear Booze wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:45 am
With the Vegas trip only 2 weeks away, I feel that some organization is warranted. I will PM my cell number to those who I know will be attending and I encourage you to do the same. Once we have all phone numbers, we can start a group text to communicate to all.

I will be arriving at about 7:00 pm on Thursday (I've decided to fly). I will head directly to the Flamingo and will immediately go to the Cabaret Bar. It is located just a few steps from the registration desk.

I really don't have an agenda except for drinking and at least one trip to the Double Down Saloon and Frankie's Tiki Room.
7 PM? You should be headed where the early birds are at first, shouldn`t you?"! We leave a seat open for you guys
Drink!

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

oettinger wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:50 am
Dear Booze wrote:

7 PM? You should be headed where the early birds are at first, shouldn`t you?"! We leave a seat open for you guys
I guess I would need to know where the early birds are located. Right?
DRINK!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Dear Booze wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:14 am
oettinger wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:50 am
Dear Booze wrote:

I guess I would need to know where the early birds are located. Right?
let ya know
Drink!

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

I think AD is the earliest bird, if I'm not mistaken (fuzzy memories). I'll be getting to the Flamingo in the afternoon on Thursday, probably just play some poker if nobody has showed up yet.

I'd like to visit the Double Down as well, and as for Frankie's, I'm sure they can make me some nice Blue Hawaiians. Yum.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Are there smelly unclimated dives in vegas?
Drink!

Dear Booze

Post by Dear Booze »

oettinger wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:17 am
Are there smelly unclimated dives in vegas?
Yes. Plenty of them. Double Down Saloon is one.
DRINK!