George Street Festival

Are you planning a booze up? Conscript soldiers for your personal war on whiskey here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

pukey
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

George Street Festival

Post by pukey »

Firstly, is there anyone on here from out the Newfoundland (canada) way? I'm looking for info on the George Street Festival.

For those who have never heard of it, George Street in St. Johns NFLD holds the world record for most bars....I can't recall if its on one street, or in the shortest distance. Something like 96 bars. During August, they turn the entire street into a week long party, and I'm trying to get my ass out there for the summer. With bands like Great Big Sea often appearing, and...well shit, thats alot of bars... I think it'll be a hell of a time. Does anyoen know anything about it? Been there?

Thanks
Hell is where the beer is warm and the women are cold.

-pukey

ruiner
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by ruiner »

sounds like a helluva time. seriously. but i have no idea what a canada is.
You see in this world there are two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.

pukey
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by pukey »

badump-bumb.
Hell is where the beer is warm and the women are cold.

-pukey

The_Clash1985
Tippler
Tippler

Post by The_Clash1985 »

Hello from the Rock, I came across your post while googlin' around trying to find out who's playing the festival this year. I've heard Great Big Sea is but I don't think it's been announced yet.
I went last year and had a great time I saw Sam Roberts & The Novaks for $10 one night and Ashley MacIsaac another night for $5.We've got the most bars per square feet in North America though it's nowhere near 96 - thank christ or i think everyone here would be dead!
I'd definitely recommend checkin it out .It's at the end of July - early August which is the best time of year in Newfoundland weather-wise and besides the odd arsehole everyone's out to have a good time.
- April

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by whiskeyprick »

The_Clash1985 wrote:and besides the odd arsehole everyone's out to have a good time.
- April
took me 3 reads but I got it now.
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald