Mini-Convention - October 2012 - New & Improved with PICS!

Are you planning a booze up? Conscript soldiers for your personal war on whiskey here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

GinMcG
Booze Head
Booze Head

Re: Mini-Convention - October 2012

Post by GinMcG »

Mr Boozificator wrote:
GinMcG wrote:
Mother Ghoul wrote:Goose has already misbehaved by going behind the bar at the hotel and pouring his own shot because the bar proprietor was absent for a period of time. He's on lockdown!! :) We're headed to Austin in the morning and can't wait!!
o.m.g. Goose, dude, seriously, you want to leave Texas ALIVE!
The question is: will Texas get out of this alive.
Nope. There's a reason Texas has these giant signs everywhere: Don't Mess With Texas. Remember this is the state that arrested people for being drunk IN a bar! :)

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Post the orgy pics
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Fabricsoftner
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Fabricsoftner »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:Post the orgy pics
You sure you want to see that?
<@Riddeford> lying on the ground laughing then going to get drunk on a pier. isn't what was fabric was born to do?

<apE> if theyd spend half as much time drinking as they do bitching, itd all be good

<@Fabric> Pint: why do I feel like shit?
<%pint> Fabric: people

<@fiyah> you're unemployed and drunk, you have no standards

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Bur »

Fabricsoftner wrote:
You sure you want to see that?
There is always place for more trauma.

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

Ah, come on, there is no such thing as an American convention.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by whiskeyprick »

A few pics on that evil Facebook. Rowdy looks like the blind leading the blasted.
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

G_W
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by G_W »

This was some good fun. I wish I didnt have to head back a day early, or that the airlines fucked me all over the place.
steved wrote:Proof is just information.
"We're all in a freak show. It's called life. Buy a ticket and enjoy the ride." - Foamy the Squirrel

greygoose1
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by greygoose1 »

G_W wrote:This was some good fun. I wish I didnt have to head back a day early, or that the airlines fucked me all over the place.
Yeah, well I wish a bitch didn't try and break my nex\ck, yo. swear gw, that's the last time i bring that shit up.

overall, a good time was had. there happened to be a street festival going on while we ere there and that was pretty cool. best conversation happened this morning as we 'mama goose' and i were cleaning up the condo. with the exception of veen and craven, everyone else had left.

i'm parapgrasing thsi but this was the long and short of it....l

veen stands up: 'hit me'
craven: 'what?'
veen: 'hit me in the face.'
craven: 'what the fuck are you talking about?'
venn: ' hit me. in. the. face.'
craven: 'ok'
<SLAM>

right hook to the left eye. guess he got what he asked for.

fucking rookies.
"...there's no app for a bourbon buzz on a warm day in a cool, dark bar. The world will always want a drink".
~Gillian Flynn

'Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right'
~Isaac Asimov

A person can work up a mean, mean thirst
after a hard day of doing nothing much at all...
~The Replacements

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Different strokes for different folks. Maybe they are into S & M. They do tend to get "rough" in drunkard chat.

Just sayin'.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Mother Goose
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mother Goose »

I'll try to give the best recap I can of the festivities. Our good pics are largely inside the condo as I chose to not venture with our Nikon DSLR out in public (for obvious reasons).

Veen woke up nearly every morning with a bottle of rye in his hand when he emerged from his bedroom. Needless to say, he didn't make most of the afternoon adventures of the group due to 'naptime.'

Goose also had lots of naps, largely due to the same type of morning adventures (only Kraken and SJ, rather than rye).

Gin, Gerald and Rowdy were of course, the legendary drunkards we've come to know and love fondly. They discovered an incredible beer garden with a bakery upstairs (the smells were intoxicating coming from the homemade pretzels and other wares), with a ridiculously good beer selection downstairs on the open-air patio adjoining a little canal. The massive booze supply that started the weekend was a beautiful thing, including the Lamar Bar.

They also discovered a great little hole-in-the-wall with pool tables, insane bloody marys (refer to my FB pics), great food and good music on the juke.

There were no less than 25 bars within a 3 block radius of our condo, and we took full advantage of a number of them. I was told I had a great time at the dueling piano bar on Friday night, though my recollection may or may not be a bit hazy.

I saw a homeless guy wearing nothing but a pair of American flag shorts and a flag draped around his shoulders, playing a stand-up bass. There were street musicians, kids and dogs everywhere, a killer street festival . . .

I think the only drunkard missed was Martha - not sure how she didn't get into any of these shots, but I'm sure someone has them and will add appropriately.

For those of you on my FB there are some action shots, but here are some pics from the condo:

"DC is a toilet. And it needs a good flush." ~ Weatherman

Drunkard Chat bot sez: fiyah: i'm picturing wasabi oozing out of her parents, and im at a good pace if you have to do this cheap as fuck. but drunkards need to unite

Cliffie S. Bockerson
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Re: Mini-Convention - October 2012 - New & Improved with PIC

Post by Cliffie S. Bockerson »

Wtf?
Last edited by Cliffie S. Bockerson on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nossir. Even in my worst delirium I never interfered with the flow of traffic. I never drank any hair tonic, either."

WastelessPointOfTime
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by WastelessPointOfTime »

Beautiful. Just beautiful.
"binary: being drunk makes me amazed at life"

23:22 <@fiyah> i need a new glass
23:22 <@fiyah> this one has ... toothpaste on it
23:22 <@fiyah> i hope it's toothpaste

21:15 <@fiyah> then again
21:15 <@fiyah> we just wash our hands
21:15 <@fiyah> splash water on our faces
21:15 <@fiyah> and see what's out there

Cliffie S. Bockerson

*gulp* *gulp*
Last edited by Cliffie S. Bockerson on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nossir. Even in my worst delirium I never interfered with the flow of traffic. I never drank any hair tonic, either."

Cliffie S. Bockerson

Ahhhhh...probably saw the post months ago and forgot...didn't remember the dates had changed and from the title of the thread still had Oct. 5-7 in my head. Good thing I had a cancel-able room.

Maybe next time I'll stay less drunk between Mar. and Oct. and won't fuck up. Ahhhh, who'm I kidding?
Last edited by Cliffie S. Bockerson on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

Ha! All those were obviously photoshopped: Brent has his glasses on on every one of those photos. Nice fake guys, but you got busted.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.