Exciting Convention News!

Are you planning a booze up? Conscript soldiers for your personal war on whiskey here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

slushfund
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Re: Exciting Convention News!

Post by slushfund »

I'm trying to figure out the entertainment portion of the program, and time is running out. I have 5 (potential) nights to fill, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. I assume that Friday and Saturday will be the most attended evenings. So I'm thinking bands or drunken performance acts (don't ask me what this means, I don't know yet), for those nights. Karaoke maybe too (the more participants, the better). Any suggestions?

slushfund

Post by slushfund »

Also, it would help if the board members who are coming, PM me with their email address, and travel info. Thanks.

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Resident Asshole »

Looking at booking my tickets. Thinking of flying into Boston (BOS) at 5:30 on Friday May 23rd and flying out on Monday May 26th at 6:30.

It's just too expensive to fly into Logan (BDL) from what I can tell. So, we will be getting a rental car if anyone cares to co-ordinate flight times and share a car.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Slushfund will lent his ultima drunk car. Racing on ethyl. Trunk has place for at least a case of warm beer
Drink!

greygoose1
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by greygoose1 »

slushfund wrote:I'm trying to figure out the entertainment portion of the program, and time is running out. I have 5 (potential) nights to fill, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. I assume that Friday and Saturday will be the most attended evenings. So I'm thinking bands or drunken performance acts (don't ask me what this means, I don't know yet), for those nights. Karaoke maybe too (the more participants, the better). Any suggestions?
If y'all get desperate and can wrangle the karaoke macheen with some Slim Whitman, I'll be yodelin' 'til the goats are tired of eatin' grass.

'Una Paloma Blanca......aaaahhhhAAAAAAHHHHHHH!'

I'll throw in anything from ELO to Gang Green, too. Slush, let me know on the t-design.
"...there's no app for a bourbon buzz on a warm day in a cool, dark bar. The world will always want a drink".
~Gillian Flynn

'Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right'
~Isaac Asimov

A person can work up a mean, mean thirst
after a hard day of doing nothing much at all...
~The Replacements

slushfund

Post by slushfund »

oettinger wrote:Slushfund will lent his ultima drunk car. Racing on ethyl. Trunk has place for at least a case of warm beer

Ain't got no trunk.

I haven't heard back from most of you who said they were coming. Please confirm with a message, and include your days of arrival and departure.

treetop

Post by treetop »

i would like to humbly submit an anthem as well as a possible title for the upcoming event.
michael hurley - hoodoo party
it's all good in the woods, nobody hears me when i scream.

Screwball
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: A half foot away from a cat's nutsack. I Gotta get the DevilKat Fixed!

Post by Screwball »

treetop wrote:i would like to humbly submit an anthem as well as a possible title for the upcoming event.
michael hurley - hoodoo party
That's some good stuff right there!

treetop

Post by treetop »

mike hurley can pick some pretty nifty guitar.

slushfund

Post by slushfund »

slushfund wrote:
I haven't heard back from most of you who said they were coming. Please confirm with a message, and include your days of arrival and departure.
I have had very few responses from you all. Initial responses totaled 17 people, I've heard from 3 or 4. Is this happening, or what?

I have non-Drunkard interest in that weekend. I'd prefer to just have Drunkards here, but I'm not holding the entire property for 7 people. Please respond with yes, no or maybe!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Trying my best to meet you bastidges of the mighty MDM. Faces to names to drunkard debauchery... but no broken toilets for you.

Call me a strong Maybe with good work ethic, Slushfund. Planning on driving down theyah from up heah in Maine with a rental, fully insured. Pick up folks, drive about for armament in the daylight. Sending my Lady down to Tennessee and done paid for that already. She won't be able to keep up with the likes of this bastard. She can visit her BFF and bring back some 'shine at the end.

Just depends on one thing: Have to put my own fun at the top of my priority list. Besides each and everynight, that id

Thank you, Sir Slushfund, for putting up your clean and tidy ownings for a great retreat to have some fun. Google-Earthed it, and it is lush there in late May.

You offering that place for this here thing? Damn fine of you.

This should fucking happen, damned shame if it don't.

slushfund

Post by slushfund »

I need the attendees' email addresses so I can make announcements that I don't want the general public to see. Some will be about alcohol at the event, which I am strictly not permitted to discuss in public!

Even if you're on the fence, message me your email address. My news may give you the push you need.

Mother Goose
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mother Goose »

The Geese are tentative at best, at this point, for the event. My father has been going through cancer treatment and it's not been as effective as we had hoped. While we are still tentative, we are not in a position to book flights, etc. without knowing what his status might be 2 months from now. Those of you who have had the opportunity to spend previous drunkard events with Goose may have mixed emotions about this turn of events. :) Know that depending on circumstances, we'll do our best to be there but can't be a committed party at this time.

"DC is a toilet. And it needs a good flush." ~ Weatherman

Drunkard Chat bot sez: fiyah: i'm picturing wasabi oozing out of her parents, and im at a good pace if you have to do this cheap as fuck. but drunkards need to unite

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Very sorry to hear that M.G. I hope that your father pulls through.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

treetop

Post by treetop »

as long as this is a thing, your man treetop will be there. woot woot and such.