The Irishman on The Chairman of the Board

Post your favorite quips of wino wisdom here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

The Irishman on The Chairman of the Board

Post by coqui_chris »

Russel [Bufalino] himself had no great use for Frank Sinatra. I know Russel was no sucker for the Hollywood glamor. Frank Sinatra behaved himself around Russell Bufalino. One night at the 500 Club in Atlantic City I heard Russell tell Sinatra: "Sit down or I'll rip your tongue out and stick it up your ass." If he had a drink in him Sinatra was an asshole. He'd put on a gorilla suit when he got drunk. He'd go to fight some guy knowing somebody would stop it. He was a bad drinker. Me, if I drink, I want to sing and dance. I guess he figured he was already a singer and a dancer.
- From "I Heard You Paint Houses" Frank "The Irishman Sheeran and Closing the Case on Jimmy Hoffa by Charles Brandt
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Re: The Irishman on The Chairman of the Board

Post by coqui_chris »

Perhaps I should further qualify this quote by elaborating on the diametrically opposed natures of Frank "The Irishman" Sheeran and Frank Sinatra.

Frank "The Irishman" Sheeran, by his own admission, murdered about 25 people for both The Syndicate and/or the Teamsters. In I Heard You Paint Houses, the man who was the Number-One suspect in the Hoffa murder potentially comes clean and admits that yes, he did indeed do it.

The man, by his own admission as well, was also a heroic drinker, and his drinking apparently spiked due to guilt over killing his friend Jimmy Hoffa.

And here's an anecdotal quote regarding establishing alibis for union strong-arm tactics:
We had a bar on Delaware Avenue where we used to keep shirts to change into. The cps would be looking for a guy in a green shirt, and I'd be sitting at the bar with a blue shirt on. I'd show the cop my bar tab. It would look like I was sitting there all day, only I could drink that much in an hour.
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Resident Asshole »

I'm not really sure why no one commented on this. Do I take a hitman's word over Frank's rep as classy? No, but OTOH I don't doubt that Frank would try to start a fight knowing it would be stopped. He doesn't look like much of a fighter, even in movies where I see him fight.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

reminds me of that most interesting man in the world commercial: "if he were to punch you in the face, you'd have to fight back the strong urge to thank him."

hey, everybody! frank sinatra just punched me in the face!

that'd be awesome.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

gnarkill
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by gnarkill »

Wingman wrote:reminds me of that most interesting man in the world commercial: "if he were to punch you in the face, you'd have to fight back the strong urge to thank him."

hey, everybody! frank sinatra just punched me in the face!

that'd be awesome.
How much more awesome would it be if it was Nancy Sinatra?
IN VINO VERITAS

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

gnarkill wrote: How much more awesome would it be if it was Nancy Sinatra?
sign me up!
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk