A quote from the bartender last night

Post your favorite quips of wino wisdom here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

A quote from the bartender last night

Post by Badfellow »

After a proper front-loading, Oggar and I walked up to the bar last evening. The bartender kept us proper, but after a half dozen or whatever Jim Beams in less than a half hour she says "Christ, I need to start serving you guys doubles". And so she did, and it was good. It just got drunker from there. But, nobody got hurt and the toilet is still intact, so we'll count it as another major victory for the Drunkard Korps.

Secondly, very strong coffee with a shot or several of Benchmark Bourbon added is a delicious, wholesome breakfast. Rather than the morning handing us our asses, we handed it back.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: A quote from the bartender last night

Post by Badfellow »

Tonight, the Whiskey Rebels and are meeting up with the Krakenistas in the hills for a coordinated guerrilla strike on the dry strongholds.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Can a newer group join the Revelution? The Ginarchists are waiting for orders.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Once I was in a nightclub and ordered one shot of jäger after another. The people around me noticed and after a while told the barkeeper to just hand me the bottle. She agreed but it was empty by then anyway.
Drink!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Patchez wrote:Can a newer group join the Revelution? The Ginarchists are waiting for orders.
Ahhhhhh, yes. The noble and impassioned Ginarchists, you who so bravely wield bombs filled with Martinis and pitch the wrench of G&T into the gears of the machine of the crypto-fascist industrial teetotaler complex and their liquorless pig-dog lackeys. It would be an honor to fight and drink by your sides. I must say, your recent "conversion" experience with gin must have been profound, sir!

Viva los borrachos! Viva revolucion!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

oettinger wrote:Once I was in a nightclub and ordered one shot of jäger after another. The people around me noticed and after a while told the barkeeper to just hand me the bottle. She agreed but it was empty by then anyway.
Seriously, that almost sounds like a Zen parable. I had to read it again to appreciate it.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

The international beer aliance would like to be your left hand attack on the dry spot in their amrour. We`re 20 strong per platoon case and can hold down position until general vodka arrives with his much needed 100 prof gun barrel
Drink!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Badfellow wrote: Seriously, that almost sounds like a Zen parable. I had to read it again to appreciate it.
That happens by default when trying to word my thoughts in a different language I guess
Drink!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

oettinger wrote:The international beer aliance would like to be your left hand attack on the dry spot in their amrour. We`re 20 strong per platoon case and can hold down position until general vodka arrives with his much needed 100 prof gun barrel
I'm putting you in charge of the 155 proof punsch howitzer.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Sir, yes sir! Shots loaded and ready to be drowned!
Drink!

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Colonel Sherman T. Palinka of the 70% ABV Vodka Volunteers, reporting in. I have seen the enemy and my boys and I are willing to lob volley after volley of Vodka (down our throughts) in defence.

Mixers, son? Keep 'em for those that need it. We'll take ours straight, whilst staring them damned drys straight in the eyes.
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Discussing the fine tunings of the attack at Badfellow`s headquarters at the moment.
Join in now! Still need a sharpshooter at the tequila rifle.
Drink!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Palinka wrote:Colonel Sherman T. Palinka of the 70% ABV Vodka Volunteers, reporting in. I have seen the enemy and my boys and I are willing to lob volley after volley of Vodka (down our throughts) in defence.

Mixers, son? Keep 'em for those that need it. We'll take ours straight, whilst staring them damned drys straight in the eyes.
Glad to have you back, sir. Thought we lost you at the battle against AA on 13th street.
A man with half a liver that`s dripping wet is worth more than a thousand men having a sandstorm in theirs.
Drink!

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

I was wounded last night in a skirmish along Michigan Ave; hangovers I've learned to handle but a G.I. cleanout is the last thing you want before an all-day Irish pub crawl, it's the shits.

We are starting too late, as I know a couple guys standing in line for the 'free' corned beef breakfast and paying big money for the priviledge of moping around downtown drinking green beer on the bar street.

I'm planning on sticking with Guinness and none of this nonsense involving Jamison shots, until it happens. I hope Quinn and Tuitte's isn't charging a cover.

I hope you all have a fine day of it!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Let`s go get 'em. In for the swill is the old saying.

We might never leave this battle undrunk, but in times like this true courage is only to be found between keg and liquor-shelf
Drink!