"Running With The Devil" Vocals Only

That's right. You can put them right here.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

"Running With The Devil" Vocals Only

Post by coqui_chris »

"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: "Running With The Devil" Vocals Only

Post by peetie44 »

c_c...

Quote: "Music is about the sound of itself -- not the fuckin' babble about what the fucking lyrics might mean." -- Frank Zappa, as said to me...Isle of Capri...@May, 1982
Attachments
Blasters w FZ.jpg
Blasters w FZ.jpg (57.95 KiB) Viewed 2641 times
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

JohnnyT

Post by JohnnyT »

that was fucking awesome. david lee roth was a rock n roll god. that's right, I said was.

Sleestack
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Sleestack »

peetie44 wrote:
c_c...

Quote: "Music is about the sound of itself -- not the fuckin' babble about what the fucking lyrics might mean." -- Frank Zappa, as said to me...Isle of Capri...@May, 1982
You look the same now as you did then Peetie...(Though maybe a touch more grey)
I've been unavoidably detained by my complete lack of punctuality.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Sleestack wrote:
peetie44 wrote:
c_c...

Slee...considering that Frank's dead, I guess I'm doing all right.

I won't speak about my recording with Zappa because too many people on this board think I'm bragging/BS-ing. Whatever...
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Sleestack
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Sleestack »

peetie44 wrote:
Sleestack wrote:[quote="peetie44]
c_c...

Slee...considering that Frank's dead, I guess I'm doing all right.

I won't speak about my recording with Zappa because too many people on this board think I'm bragging/BS-ing. Whatever...[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

No worries Peetie...I haven't been on here for a while and it's good to see you.
I've been unavoidably detained by my complete lack of punctuality.

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

peetie44 wrote:
c_c...

While I guess you can say that what the lyrics mean aren't so very important, you can plainly hear in "Runnin' With The Devil" that the way the lyrics are sung is indeed very important.

Also, I too have found that the simple life weren't so simple, when I went out on the road, and I got no love, no love you call real, I've got nobody waiting at home, so it speaks to me
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

Grace O'Malley
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Grace O'Malley »

That was great. There is no Van Halen without DLR.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Grace O'Malley wrote:That was great. There is no Van Halen without DLR.
HARUMPH!
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Leftboston
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Location: Queen Creek, before there was mexicans We had German POWs working farms

Post by Leftboston »

I agree with Frank Zappa, In most Rock music, the melody line of the music is more important than what the guy is sayin. In DLR's case, what he was saying was somehow better than how he was singing it. DLR's singing peaked somewhere between their demo `Zero record' and their first record but he was entertaining for sure.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Leftboston wrote:I agree with Frank Zappa, In most Rock music, the melody line of the music is more important than what the guy is sayin. In DLR's case, what he was saying was somehow better than how he was singing it. DLR's singing peaked somewhere between their demo `Zero record' and their first record but he was entertaining for sure.

When I was a teenager Diamond Dave was my hero, but I never had any illusion that he was such a fantastic singer or lyricist. I believe his vocals fit perfectly with the band, but as with many frontmen, much of the magic is from his STYLE and attitude. Dave was a geat frontman, he had alot of style, but as you could tell from his solo work, sometimes style only carries you so far.
I still love old VH and Diamond Dave, and I agree that he WAS a rock god. He was alot of fun.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought