Oh Sammich glory, and where to find 'em

That's right. You can put them right here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Oh Sammich glory, and where to find 'em

Post by benitobeast69 »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:51 am
Don't forget!

this looks like it could be so good if not for that disgusting looking cheese flavored orange muck they have put on it.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:53 am
Don't forget!
this looks like it could be so good if not for that disgusting looking cheese flavored orange muck they have put on it.
Hey! That glorious disgusting looking orange muck is 'murrican cheese and I stand behind it. At least for a grilled cheese anyway. It makes the perfect grilled cheese.

Velveeta rules.
Okole maluna!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Cheese flavored orange muck
benitobeast69 wrote:
Mind your tongue when you speak of the orange muck, my good man. Disgusting as it may look and as it may actually be in principle, processed cheese product is a delicacy to behold. You Brits may have good cheese, but you’re still all spotted dick and canned haggis at heart. So don’t give me any of this orange muck, cheeky twat nonsense, then.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Merchant Seaman wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:18 am
In the 70's and 80's there were a string of joints around the Bay Area called Sirloin & Brew, slightly better quality meats than Sizzler, salad bar and free soup (with meal) but the best part was unlimited beer or sangria with your meal.
I love free meals with my drinks
Badfellow wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:57 pm
. You Brits may have good cheese,
What in the hell
Drink!

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:44 am
benitobeast69 wrote:
Don't forget!
Hey! That glorious disgusting looking orange muck is 'murrican cheese and I stand behind it. At least for a grilled cheese anyway. It makes the perfect grilled cheese.

Velveeta rules.
I feel like I just read a comment where someone told me their favorite Italian pasta dish was tinned spaghetti hoops.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:08 pm
Sat Sep 18, 2021 11:44 am
benitobeast69 wrote:

Velveeta rules.
I feel like I just read a comment where someone told me their favorite Italian pasta dish was tinned spaghetti hoops.
Benito I could not stop laughing at that analogy.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

Absinthe Of Malice
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Absinthe Of Malice »

I will fight for your right to eat American cheese, especially the good stuff from Cabot Creameries.

I love Velveeta and the beautiful melt and creamy texture....

But neither belongs on a Monte Cristo at all ever.

As for Sammitch Glory™ I submit, THE GOOF BURGER: 9oz hand formed Black Angus patty topped with pastrami, grilled onion, cheddar, swiss, American cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo and horseradish mustard on a grilled brioche bun. Knuckleheads in Wallingford, CT has this delectable abomination.

Let the philosophical debate begin whether a "burger" is a "sandwich"...
DRINK!
RIP Bill, aka mistah willies

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

Absinthe Of Malice wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:05 pm
I will fight for your right to eat American cheese, especially the good stuff from Cabot Creameries.

As for Sammitch Glory™ I submit, THE GOOF BURGER: 9oz hand formed Black Angus patty topped with pastrami, grilled onion, cheddar, swiss, American cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo and horseradish mustard on a grilled brioche bun. Knuckleheads in Wallingford, CT has this delectable abomination.

Burger or Samidge I'd eat it....that is if I can drop out the American cheese....I also still feel a bit sus about this whole "Swiss cheese" thing...Switzerland has a lot of great cheeses...can we not be more specific. lol

horseradish mustard sounds like a shout though!!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

AGREED!
Okole maluna!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

I think somewhere in this thread something similar was discussed, (too lazy to look if it was this thread or the Sandwiches! thread) about a burger being called a "burger"-even if it's chicken or fish- presumably because they are on a bun. I distinctly remember this because I mentioned mahi mahi burgers.

When I picture "sandwich", I envision slices of toast-like bread like a grilled cheese, bologna, PB & J, or club sandwich. But then we have patty melts which are burgers on sliced bread -not buns- so that confuses things a bit. Then we have "breakfast sandwiches" which could be on bagels, English muffins, and biscuits. So perhaps anything that isn't on a bun, a sandwich? But we wouldn't call a hot dog a "burger", despite the fact that it's on a bun.

And of course submarines are considered sandwiches, but they have their own designated names like hoagies, subs, and heroes.

Of course we still haven't even solved the "is a hot dog a sandwich?" conundrum. Wouldn't hot dog fit in it's own category of sandwich like the "subs" in that technically it is a sandwich but it has it's own name, "hot dog"?

Where do we draw the line?!? Where does the madness end?!

Okole maluna!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

The great burger/hotdog/sandwich debate

Post by Badfellow »

Is a "burger" a "sandwich"? Ah, a sage question for the ages.

Let us first establish the definition of sandwich. The Oxford English Dictionary defines the noun sandwich as: "an item of food consisting of two pieces of bread with meat, cheese, or other filling between them, eaten as a light meal."

Of course, considering the size and caloric content of some modern sandwiches, that last bit about a sandwich being a light meal is equivocal at best. But what we can all agree upon is that a sandwich consists of edible ingredients sandwiched between two or more pieces of bread, within which is included the subcategory of buns. Hamburger buns, hotdog buns and so forth.

By this line of reasoning, a hamburger or hotdog may be considered offshoots of the sandwich family tree. For is not a hamburger by any other name just a ground meat sandwich? Or a hotdog a type of piped sausage sandwich? That they are so ubiquitous, the hamburger and hotdog have evolved to form their own identities far beyond their rudimentary origins, so much so that calling either a sandwich is almost fightin’,words.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

This is where Burger King was smart and capitalized on the "Croissan'wich". They leave little debate on what using a croissant is called.

So whose brilliant idea was it to come up with "sliders"? A gimmicky way of saying "tiny sandwich"? Brits should take note and call it "tea time sliders" 'cause those are some tiny ass fking sandwiches. "Slidee's" perhaps?
Okole maluna!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Coold meat clubbed
Drink!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: Oh Sammich glory - McD's

This weeks food mind-fck...McDonald's in Japan had a seasonal 'Gracoro' Burger. It's a croquette style breadcrumbed patty of macaroni, shrimp, and "white sauce", topped with a demi-glace sauce and cheddar cheese. YAY OR NAY?

NAY! Too much going on in there for me.

Okole maluna!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

Nay to the nth power