Is Swirly banned?

That's right. You can put them right here.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: Is Swirly banned?

Post by DeeboCools »

John Barleycorn wrote:
Let me buy you a drink, old chum.
That's how it's done. I'd like a shot of Vodak, thank you.
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James

OG_drunkie
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by OG_drunkie »

JimLahey wrote:
peetie44 wrote:JimLahey...

Have you ever spent any time (YEARS, say?) in one, single, neighborhood bar; where the regulars aren't gonna allow some interloping, internet,"tough-guy" dip-shit to spoil their fun?

I'm one of the oldest men here...but also one of the later arrivals. I fought my battles, was eventually accepted and found my seat at the bar.

Suggest you try to do the same...

"This isn't, 'Nam, Smokey...this is MDM...there are rules..."
Hey I'm not trying to be confrontational, I'm just wondering as to what happened.
And respecting a person by how long he has been a member of a forum is childish, I like you for your posts, not how long you've been here peetie.
He didn't seem that bad, and some of his angry drunken posts were funny to me. It's like looking at a car crash.

some of the best times ive had in bars were with some wom, i mean newb i just met.
just last weeks i was sitting at my local bar minding my own buisness when dude next to me starts yacking at me. couple hours later im introducing him to the wonders of chimay red and belhaven. i dont htink he'll ever touch a miller product again.
swirly sounded like he might have been fun. sorry i missed the train wreck.

but then again, i am the newb around here and have to play by you alls rules. so who wants a shot of johnny walker gold? im buyin!

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

One big difference between interaction with people you don't like on this board and people you don't like at the bar is the existence of the Foe function here. It seems like it could be an effective alternative to banning.

On the other hand, these forums exist to support a business. It doesn't make sense to let people to spout racial slurs in the name of "free expression, man!" the expense of potential new members and subscribers. Plus, it's not like the rules here are very difficult to follow and (most) drunkards aren't the easily-offendable type. Furthermore, I'm pretty sure Swirly was already banned under another name and was just having that same ban applied to his new account, so none of this is really an issue anyway.

OG_drunkie
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by OG_drunkie »

swirly_commode
Hooch Hound

was that the guy?
looks like an old schooler to me. 2003 and all. 2003, thats 6.. 7.. 8 years ago.
though he did only have 58 posts. i bet i could do that during a weekend bender.

theres no shortage of words that offend certain groups of people. racial slurs being the least of them. dont ever use words like retard or gimp around parents of disabled children, for example.
women tend to really hate the word cunt. vegans hate suggested or implied animal killings, dont ever mention macDs or grabbin a burger with the guys around a vegan..

as far as racial slurs go, i kinda like being called a mik. i often refer to myself as a drunken mik. miks make good beer too.

anyone need another beer, shot, little pink drink with an umbrella?
its on me!

i wish i had used the name reeet pikinik...

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

Chimneyfish wrote:One big difference between interaction with people you don't like on this board and people you don't like at the bar is the existence of the Foe function here. It seems like it could be an effective alternative to banning.

On the other hand, these forums exist to support a business. It doesn't make sense to let people to spout racial slurs in the name of "free expression, man!" the expense of potential new members and subscribers. Plus, it's not like the rules here are very difficult to follow and (most) drunkards aren't the easily-offendable type. Furthermore, I'm pretty sure Swirly was already banned under another name and was just having that same ban applied to his new account, so none of this is really an issue anyway.
Hahaha, I just like that Swirly is a repeat offender, now there's a true drunkard, no quit in him.

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

OG_drunkie/swirly_commode wrote:as far as racial slurs go, i kinda like being called a mik. i often refer to myself as a drunken mik. miks make good beer too.
That's great, but when you're creating aliases on web forums you shouldn't misspell the same words the same way as the person you're pretending not to be. It also works better when you don't use a similar name or an identical writing styles, such as all the lower case and multiple spaces between lines and too many ellipses. Another tip: when you introduce your new character, don't be so quick to mention that you homebrew. It's not uncommon for a new person here to be a brewer,but try putting in a little more creativity so that it's more fun for the rest of us.

John Barleycorn
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by John Barleycorn »

Oh dear, I just noticed that your avatar is a moving picture, Chimneyfish. Startled me for a second. Durned technology, making me think I was hallucinating.

BigDog49
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by BigDog49 »

Mr. Swirly on the show Doug scared the shit outta me.

Mayhems
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Mayhems »

Chimneyfish wrote:
OG_drunkie/swirly_commode wrote:as far as racial slurs go, i kinda like being called a mik. i often refer to myself as a drunken mik. miks make good beer too.
That's great, but when you're creating aliases on web forums you shouldn't misspell the same words the same way as the person you're pretending not to be. It also works better when you don't use a similar name or an identical writing styles, such as all the lower case and multiple spaces between lines and too many ellipses. Another tip: when you introduce your new character, don't be so quick to mention that you homebrew. It's not uncommon for a new person here to be a brewer,but try putting in a little more creativity so that it's more fun for the rest of us.
HA!

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

Chimneyfish wrote:all the lower case and multiple spaces between lines and too many ellipses.
fuck, they're on to me...!
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

OG_drunkie
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by OG_drunkie »

how

else

do

you

seperate

an

idea

?

this the only forum you post on?
multiple spaces is kinda internet standard, i always thought..

and the reason for MY lower case type...
i never learned to type. i was a chicken pecker all through school. i thought typing was ridiculous. how was i supposed to know that some democrat was going to invent a thing called internet with cool games like sherons call and ultima online. well typing is kind of a necessity in these games and i pecked my way through a lot of conversations for a while until i started being able to use more than 2 fingers. now a days i type around 50-60 wpm with some custom 4 finger type method. im prficient enough at it that i can almost keep up with the best of em.
as far as misspelled words, i miss all the common ones, like osmenthing, that typically become internet leet spellings every now and then because they are so commonly misspelled. and then dont forget my drunk type. it used to be horrible back in the days of asherons call but ive gotten much more accurate at hitting the keys im aiming for with my open eye.
and i also dont really give two shits about punctuation either. i didnt care for it in school and i dont need it at work.

i do brew beer. its become a popular trend lately. ive seen brewing forums go from 5 members to 55 members in just a couple years. these are forums that had been nearly silent untill this latest trend in craft brew and IPAs.
im surprised theres not more brewers here or even a couple stillers.

so are you prejudiced against people who type in all lower case or osmenthig?
does that mean all the rest of you are really the same poster because you capitalize the first word in every sentence?

OG_drunkie and swirly_commode are similar how? is it the underscore that does it? or does being drunk remind you of a toilet?

so now that im done rambling
who wants a shot and a beer?
ive also got some really good scottish ale in cans in the fridge. this is the type of beer that will make you slap your momma. hollar if you want a can!

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

I wasn't wondering what your reasons are, I was just pointing out that you are a new member who has an identical writing style to somebody who was recently banned. For example, I have never once seen the misspelling "mik" before OG_drunkie and swirly_commode both happened to say it within the span of a few days. I'm sure that was just a coincidence though.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

OG_drunkie wrote:im surprised theres not more brewers here or even a couple stillers.
There are.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Judge

Post by Judge »

"chicken pecker" heh.

Ok, this thread is going to the NBR forum where you may all chase it around.
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

DeeboCools
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by DeeboCools »

Totally the same guy. Good catch mr. Jackson
"S0briety diminishes, discriminates, and says no; drunkenness expands, unites, and says yes." -William James