Why am I still at work?

That's right. You can put them right here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

stepheybaby
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by stepheybaby »

Have you read the Rama series by Arthur C. Clarke? Some of the best science fiction ever!

deadpuppiesandwhores
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by deadpuppiesandwhores »

stepheybaby wrote:Have you read the Rama series by Arthur C. Clarke? Some of the best science fiction ever!
i never really got into science fiction. i read a lot of nietzche, grisham, the bible (it is entertqining if you just read as a story), and clancy. i know what you are all about to say about clancy, and you can all go to hell. if you are in the military it is interesting reading the fantasies about how it is supposed to work. for us, it's more like a comedy.
road to hell is paved with unbought stuffed dogs.
"I AM TOO DRUNK TO TASTE THIS CHICKEN."
colonel sanders

http://meetme.hotornot.com/r/?emid=K8ERHQN

i'm not saying i beat the devil, but i drank his beer for nothin'.... then i stole his song.

zin
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by zin »

Rama is very cool. It has the ACC feel to it.
My favourite SF ever is Dune though. It just doesn't get any better!

thirsty4beer
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by thirsty4beer »

hey dpaw, if you get clockwork orange, make sure you get the edition with the last chapter included.it used to be published in the U.S. with the last chapter missing.that chapter isnt in the film either.i read it recently.excellent but not that long of a book. i also just finished reading 4 of Bukowski's novels.all very entertaining. happy hunting mate
mine's a pint

deadpuppiesandwhores
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

thirsty4beer wrote:hey dpaw, if you get clockwork orange, make sure you get the edition with the last chapter included.it used to be published in the U.S. with the last chapter missing.that chapter isnt in the film either.i read it recently.excellent but not that long of a book. i also just finished reading 4 of Bukowski's novels.all very entertaining. happy hunting mate
i'm mostly engineering and science educated, actually all science and engineering educated. never heard of bukowski until i came here. i think i really want to read some of his stuff, what are some titles?
colonel sanders

i'm not saying i beat the devil, but i drank his beer for nothin'.... then i stole his song.

thirsty4beer
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by thirsty4beer »

i hadnt heard of him either.i liked 'post office' and 'ham on rye' the best
mine's a pint

deadpuppiesandwhores
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

thirsty4beer wrote:i hadnt heard of him either.i liked 'post office' and 'ham on rye' the best
thanks, thirsty.. i'll check those out. i've read several people talk about post offce here. i saw breakfast of champions the other day on vhs. never knew it was a movie, which is really wierd with al the big actors, but i've always loved kurt vonnegut also.
colonel sanders

thirsty4beer
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by thirsty4beer »

i'll have to check that out myself.i'm still trying to find a copy of 'barfly' on video/dvd
mine's a pint

deadpuppiesandwhores
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

thirsty4beer wrote:i'll have to check that out myself.i'm still trying to find a copy of 'barfly' on video/dvd
bruce willis is the car dealer (forgive me if i can't remeber details right now) and i'll be damned if i remember the wifes name, but you'll recognize her. and its either nick nolte or gary busey, i can't ever tell the 2 apart, but i'm inclined to believe the crossdressing salesman is nick nolte. please correct me if i'm wrong.
colonel sanders