why, Palinka, why?

That's right. You can put them right here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Rowdydrunk79
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Re: why, Palinka, why?

Post by Rowdydrunk79 »

StoliGirl wrote: I'm hoping that it will occupy some of the time that she uses to spend what's left of my inheiritance. Slick one, ain't I.
Whoa, your dad has had five wives and still has something left for you to inheirit? He must have one helluva lawyer.
"Preacher! Go on down and get me some bourbon. J. T. S. Brown. No ice, no glass."
- Paul Newman, The Hustler
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/141203 ... F8&s=books

bloaargh
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by bloaargh »

Personally I find cynisism to be a very good quality, as long as it's not without humour.

Generic Jug
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by Generic Jug »

carls wrote:Personally I find cynisism to be a very good quality, as long as it's not without humour.
Exactly. I think that's what I was trying to say. You can be cynical and still very humorous, but without the humor it just becomes somewhat mean and, after a while, a real drag. I mean, I'm all for the dark side of things, but somebody like that just sucks the life out of the room. I guess cynicism without humor is more akin to bitterness than anything.
I've been here, I've been there, I've been everywhere...and your well still tastes like shoes. I'll take another.

bloaargh
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by bloaargh »

Generic Jug wrote:
carls wrote:Personally I find cynisism to be a very good quality, as long as it's not without humour.
Exactly. I think that's what I was trying to say. You can be cynical and still very humorous, but without the humor it just becomes somewhat mean and, after a while, a real drag. I mean, I'm all for the dark side of things, but somebody like that just sucks the life out of the room. I guess cynicism without humor is more akin to bitterness than anything.
Perhaps that's why I like "Leaving Las Vegas" so much. Funny cynisisms. "Nurse? ARGH!"

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by LuckyStrikes »

I would think that Palinka would be more "post weary" than world weary. He has to read a lot a shit to get his informative and witty point across (including mine). He upped the ante here, and most can't compete. I also admire the fact that he is a 'true' drunk. Not a weekend drunk, not a poser, not a frat boy drunk, but a real, live adult drunk. Can I get an amen?

Do I detect bottle envy? Don't. The bottles are empty, and you can't get to them anyway. They're under glass.
Voices tell me to buy the bigger bottle!

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by LuckyStrikes »

Rowdydrunk79 wrote:
StoliGirl wrote: I'm hoping that it will occupy some of the time that she uses to spend what's left of my inheiritance. Slick one, ain't I.
Whoa, your dad has had five wives and still has something left for you to inheirit? He must have one helluva lawyer.
I'm acquainted with Old Man Stoli. He is the pre-nup enforcer. All they get to keep are the gifts. I was still in L.A. when ex-wife number three torched one of his cars. Seems he likes to hand out the cubic zirconia...

Rowdydrunk79
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Rowdydrunk79 »

LuckyStrikes wrote: He is the pre-nup enforcer.
Ahhh, the secret to happiness 8)
"Preacher! Go on down and get me some bourbon. J. T. S. Brown. No ice, no glass."
- Paul Newman, The Hustler
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/141203 ... F8&s=books

boozeslinga
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by boozeslinga »

Okay well I am at this very moment raising my half-full (NOT half-empty, haha) glass to you Palinka. (Gulp) A saccarine sense of humor is what gets me through the day (or night) and anyone who don't get it is that much less of my time wasted getting to know, i.e. bye! And "Guest?" You'll pass judgement without even deigning to identify yourself in any way?Generally (well, okay, always,) I'm drinkin' if I'm on this board, I know this is somewhere I can come and not be judged. Somehow this makes sense to me, the correlation between humor and drinking...I don't know but I gotta go, I got guests coming so I should try to make myself presentable. Wish me luck! (It's ok, theyt're old friends I haven't seen in awhile, they've met me before, now they're just getting a refresher course)

fdoosey
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by fdoosey »

LuckyStrikes wrote:I also admire the fact that he is a 'true' drunk. Not a weekend drunk, not a poser, not a frat boy drunk, but a real, live adult drunk. Can I get an amen?
Not only an Amen, but a Hallelujah as well.

I consider Palinka to be a friend, even though we've not met in person. I know that if I go to Budapest, or he comes to Jersey, each has a guaranteed pad to crash, a fridge to raid, and lots of booze to drink.
http://www.sammichmen.com

methfront: the man who wanted to steal a shopping cart of bowling balls and drop them from the back of a car down route 36 doesn't want to sow bitterness
fdoosey: No, he just wanted to have fun with a shopping cart of bowling balls.

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by LuckyStrikes »

fdoosey wrote:
LuckyStrikes wrote:I also admire the fact that he is a 'true' drunk. Not a weekend drunk, not a poser, not a frat boy drunk, but a real, live adult drunk. Can I get an amen?
Not only an Amen, but a Hallelujah as well.

I consider Palinka to be a friend, even though we've not met in person. I know that if I go to Budapest, or he comes to Jersey, each has a guaranteed pad to crash, a fridge to raid, and lots of booze to drink.
And don't forget, not one, but TWO balconies to piss off of. Thanks to BigJoe, I too, can enjoy pissing in the standing position.

fdoosey

Post by fdoosey »

LuckyStrikes wrote:And don't forget, not one, but TWO balconies to piss off of. Thanks to BigJoe, I too, can enjoy pissing in the standing position.
I have no balcony, so he must get two.

I still can't believe you mastered that art. I commend you.
http://www.sammichmen.com

methfront: the man who wanted to steal a shopping cart of bowling balls and drop them from the back of a car down route 36 doesn't want to sow bitterness
fdoosey: No, he just wanted to have fun with a shopping cart of bowling balls.

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

fdoosey wrote:
LuckyStrikes wrote:And don't forget, not one, but TWO balconies to piss off of. Thanks to BigJoe, I too, can enjoy pissing in the standing position.
I have no balcony, so he must get two.

I still can't believe you mastered that art. I commend you.
Trying not to picture it, though.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

LuckyStrikes
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by LuckyStrikes »

To be honest, I had a leg up. My twin brother, anything he could do, I wanted to do too! BigJoe helped me finesse it. We'll have a pissing contest at the first convention! Not on distance, but style!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

"Guest" shouldn't talk about people unless he/she is willing to be talked about. Get a name. Tell us about yourself. Or shut the hell up about our Palinka.

And Lucky, you WILL check to make sure I'm NOT under the balcony when you let fly, won't you sweetie?
like tears in rain

massivedrunk

Post by massivedrunk »

palinkas a good guy, even teaches me about whisky(im totally fuckin ignorant), puts up with my drunk ass at least 3 nights a week. oh and by the way folks im semi drunk and possess a bottle of voddie, so watch out ill be hammered soon. he recommends good books and even went as far to declare me an honorary scotsman in his own fuckin clan so i have no quarter for you, piss off
Still just figuring it all out. Still not really figuring it out.