Ethics 101

That's right. You can put them right here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

An ethical question

Yes
71%
no
29%

Total votes: 31

Dirty Lou
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Dirty Lou »

I got no problem lifting from a stange place, and have accidentally brought home a few from the local. They got no prob when it happens, cuz it's usually a mistake. The college kids robbed the place of all the framed golf course flags, and that really sucked. They provided a nice, personal touch to the place, but the kids didn't respect that.

As a side note, they put in three new plasma tv's and I'm really sad. I hope they don't steal the conversations from the place.
whiskeyprick wrote:
"I'll fuck you like the Milf you wanna be"

Atavist
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Atavist »

I'm not sayin it aint stealin, I'm just sayin that it prolly doesn't count.

Minx
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Minx »

I stole one of those electronic barrier arms that are in paid parking lots, after a very sauced night. I don't wonder how I stole it, or why. I wonder how I managed to fit it in my cavalier with 3 other people in the car with me. It was worth the $1 I paid to park there.
Saving my money for unicorn rides, and beer.

Atavist
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Atavist »

beerminx wrote:I stole one of those electronic barrier arms that are in paid parking lots, after a very sauced night. I don't wonder how I stole it, or why. I wonder how I managed to fit it in my cavalier with 3 other people in the car with me. It was worth the $1 I paid to park there.
Thats not stealing. You paid a 1$ thats a deep discount on your value for money. Next time, take a few of those concrete curbs that face in the parking stalls. Put em at the end of your neigbors driveway so in the AM they can't get out to work.

Wakawaka
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Wakawaka »

I got a Red Bull barmat for free once because they had a second one kicking around in the back... I'm sure that spending over $200 that night had nothing to do with it.

So long as it's not going to be missed or they can really afford to replace it (Corporate bastards) then it's all good.

That said, I *really* want one of those wonderful Jagermeister dispensers. You know, the one that holds 3 bottles in the top and pours it out at like -5º

Of course, I'd need a second guy to help me 'borrow' it and someone with big tits and a short skirt to distract the bartender for 5 minutes. I have a dream my friends, yes I do.
Misha's Tao: When in doubt, choose gin.

no shit cheese is good, and anyone who doesn't like cheese is of questionable character. i seriously don't trust people who don't drink or like cheese. god knows what they're hiding... ~MOL

Atavist
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Atavist »

Wakawaka wrote:I got a Red Bull barmat for free once because they had a second one kicking around in the back... I'm sure that spending over $200 that night had nothing to do with it.

So long as it's not going to be missed or they can really afford to replace it (Corporate bastards) then it's all good.

That said, I *really* want one of those wonderful Jagermeister dispensers. You know, the one that holds 3 bottles in the top and pours it out at like -5º

Of course, I'd need a second guy to help me 'borrow' it and someone with big tits and a short skirt to distract the bartender for 5 minutes. I have a dream my friends, yes I do.
If you live in western canada, give me a call. This is just the sort of caper I'm intrigued by. Although you have to promis me that we can also borrow a case of rum or whisky, cause I HATE Jager....

oneroundko
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by oneroundko »

in the immortal words of everlast "it aint a crime if ya dont get caught".....thats my modo :D

its a doggy dog world :?

"Oh, the mini-tours, I played the whole thing drunk. Nobody knew. I'd ride around with my ice in the cart and J--- D------." - John Daly

Wakawaka
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Wakawaka »

Atavist wrote:
Wakawaka wrote:I got a Red Bull barmat for free once because they had a second one kicking around in the back... I'm sure that spending over $200 that night had nothing to do with it.

If you live in western canada, give me a call. This is just the sort of caper I'm intrigued by. Although you have to promis me that we can also borrow a case of rum or whisky, cause I HATE Jager....
That's perfect. I'm in the Okanagan Valley (AKA Eden in the summer :D ) and I already know the perfect lady to help with the caper. She is one of the only people I know who can out-drink me pretty much every time we go out. And she's built like a dream.

I will have to start making trips to the bar in question, so I can get to know the regulars, employees, and habits of the staff.

Any problems with Wisers Black label? I like Rye+Gingers. Or just straight Gibsons would be fine with me too. No rum though.
Misha's Tao: When in doubt, choose gin.

no shit cheese is good, and anyone who doesn't like cheese is of questionable character. i seriously don't trust people who don't drink or like cheese. god knows what they're hiding... ~MOL

mjm
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by mjm »

Palinka wrote:I have always found that if you ask for a glass, ashtray, bartowel etc (or even offer to buy it) most bars will just let you have it.

The downside is that once you have announced your intentions, if they say "no", they watch you damn close to make sure that you ain't going to walk out with what ever it was that took your fancy after that fiftenth cocktail. Or maybe that's just my experience...
True. If you ask to buy something, one of two things will happen. If you are a nice or good person, or if you have spent a lot of cash, you will be given a glass or two. If you are a jerk or haven't really spent that much, you'll be asked to spend a nominal fee ($1 or $2) for a glass. Being a bartender, if you decide to put a glass into your pocket or bag, I'm probably not going to chase you down. It isn't worth it.

Tuffy's right, though. It's stealing. Of course, who hasn't broken at least eight of the Ten Commandments?
"It is well to remember that there are five reasons for drinking: the arrival of a friend; one's present or future thirst; the excellence of the wine; or any other reason." -- Latin Proverb

oneroundko
Hooch Hound
Hooch Hound

Post by oneroundko »

it's not like prying open the outside door to a walk in cooler at a bowling hall to empty them out for 8 kegs and loadin up your friend suburban....I remember that night.....the good old days :D

"Oh, the mini-tours, I played the whole thing drunk. Nobody knew. I'd ride around with my ice in the cart and J--- D------." - John Daly