The Tonight Show

That's right. You can put them right here.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

Who should be hosting the Tonight Show?

Conan O'brien
23%
Jay Leno
3%
Jimmy Fallon
No votes
Somebody new
3%
A hot chick
6%
A drunk
13%
Don't care
10%
Don't watch TV
6%
Legalize the weed
35%

Total votes: 31

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

The Tonight Show

Post by peetie44 »

Conan speaks out on the NBC late-night mess. Be sure to watch the embedded video for Letterman's take.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/c ... wixHYfU99L
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Re: The Tonight Show

Post by Chimneyfish »

This whole mess is due to the fact that Jay Leno isn't the slightest bit funny.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Chimneyfish wrote:This whole mess is due to the fact that Jay Leno isn't the slightest bit funny.
That may be, but I believe his last Tonight Show ratings were higher than Conan's up to this point.

The talk/variety format has NEVER worked at 10pm...I don't know what NBC was thinking.

Bottom line for NBC; both guys have play-or-pay contracts.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

felinamojokitty
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by felinamojokitty »

conan belongs in NYC

I loved 'robot on the toilet'

triumph the insult dog
and those moving mouth interviews.

legalize the weed!

BeerMakesMeSmart
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by BeerMakesMeSmart »

I'll miss you, pallie.

waahoohah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/ ... a_flag.png

Post by waahoohah »

Jimmy Fallon needs to have all his skin peeled off, deep fried, then force-fed to him while wolverines disembowel him.

I'm sorry, what was the question?
"Beginner's luck is only possible if you try."

-Lee Harvey Oswald

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

peetie44 wrote:That may be, but I believe his last Tonight Show ratings were higher than Conan's up to this point.
They gave Leno a great lead-in when he hosted the Tonight Show while Conan is having to work with the worst lead-in on television.

NBC definitely has the best comedy writers in the business but Leno just comes off like such a douche. I think Conan probably gets people to watch for longer than just the monologue. The only one I actually like is Kimmel. If he were on NBC he'd be great. His show was a lot better in the beginning when Corolla was still writing for it.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Chimneyfish wrote:
peetie44 wrote:That may be, but I believe his last Tonight Show ratings were higher than Conan's up to this point.
They gave Leno a great lead-in when he hosted the Tonight Show while Conan is having to work with the worst lead-in on television.

NBC definitely has the best comedy writers in the business but Leno just comes off like such a douche. I think Conan probably gets people to watch for longer than just the monologue. The only one I actually like is Kimmel. If he were on NBC he'd be great. His show was a lot better in the beginning when Corolla was still writing for it.
I grew up on Johnny Carson, so it's hard for me to really get a detailed, objective handle on all of this.

After Johnny Carson, the Tonight Show sucks.

Craptastic
Booze Head
Booze Head

Post by Craptastic »

Will someone please get Conan O'Brien some pigment. Watching his pasty white face with cheek implants gone horribly wrong is not fun.

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Location: On the border of Pineys Everywhere and Gaudy Summer Homes. Not far from Ghetto in the Woods.

Post by Rip Rufus »

I voted for the hot chick and the drunk.

Wait, now that I think about that, Chelsea Handler already has her own show.
*"hot" may be a bit generous, but I've certainly done worse
"You know, you remind me of a poem I can't remember, and a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." - A.J.S.

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

See, this is what I mean. Kimmel is awesome and he agrees with me about Leno. Whenever he does a roast he's one of the wildest roasters there and he doesn't hold back at all. I've been a fan of his since he was the sports guy on KROQ. Unfortunately whenever I've ended up in Hollywood lately it's been on a weekend, when he's not taping his show.

Rip Rufus
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway
Location: On the border of Pineys Everywhere and Gaudy Summer Homes. Not far from Ghetto in the Woods.

Post by Rip Rufus »

Chimneyfish wrote:See, this is what I mean. Kimmel is awesome and he agrees with me about Leno. Whenever he does a roast he's one of the wildest roasters there and he doesn't hold back at all. I've been a fan of his since he was the sports guy on KROQ. Unfortunately whenever I've ended up in Hollywood lately it's been on a weekend, when he's not taping his show.
I heard that on the radio today. That's some funny stuff - busting Jay's balls on his own show.
"You know, you remind me of a poem I can't remember, and a song that may never have existed, and a place I'm not sure I've ever been to." - A.J.S.

MeanOldLady
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by MeanOldLady »

i've had a crush on conan o'brien since i was ten years old. that's all i have to say about that.
"Vodka is the Harry Potter of Booze, fun at first but ultimately unsatisfying and made for children." -The Lush

"If you can't trust the inner monkey, who can you trust?" -F. Sott Blitzedgerald

"this thread should be called WEAK drunk pics. more people should be bloody and passed out" -old crow

Screwball
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: A half foot away from a cat's nutsack. I Gotta get the DevilKat Fixed!

Post by Screwball »

I stopped watching any late night after Larry "Bud" Melman wasn't on anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4iwTSWeuRo

Wish I could have met him. One Class Act.

R.I.P.

felinamojokitty
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by felinamojokitty »

cabin boy sucked balls

but i love the free credit report.com pirates yaaaaaar!

and renaisannce fair and the cell pphone dudes with the brick...

hello hello..