Ants

That's right. You can put them right here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Ants

Post by Savage »

For some days now, we've suffered temperatures well over 100 degrees. The pest control people came to our door. We declined their services. Lo and behold, we are suddenly inundated with hordes of biting ants. This seems to happen every time the exterminators visit to solicit. Strange. The ants are tiny, black, and incredibly fast. They ate my bran muffins. I was not happy about that. They crawl up my arms when I am typing, and bite my elbows. At the worst of it, I try to remember that ants are better than cockroaches, particularily the four inch long, hairy- chested winged cockroaches we had on The Rock, the ones who said, "You wanna start something, roundeye?" (in the voice of Don LaFontaine.)
like tears in rain

John Barleycorn
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Re: Ants

Post by John Barleycorn »

They must have sprayed around your house to drive them inside because you didn't pay up.

Miklo
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Miklo »

same thing happend to me, only the ants didnt make it inside. outside though it looked like the ground was moving there was so many of them. i killed em with my "home defense" i got from home depot. i hate those fuckers selling shit from door to door, they always play my wife for a sucker, then i gotta come be an asshole becasue they wont take no for an answer.
“And in my mind, this settles the issue. I would never drink cologne, and am therefore not an alcoholic.”
― Augusten Burroughs

BBoozer

Post by BBoozer »

Since our new neighbours moved in (white trash - Savage, I sympathize with you) our yard is infested with earwigs. Is it a coincidence? I don't think so.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Rumhead
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Rumhead »

John Barleycorn wrote:They must have sprayed around your house to drive them inside because you didn't pay up.
Bingo.
Alcohol makes us better human beings. - FKR

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." - Thomas Jefferson

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

They have boxes of trained ants. Millions. They sit around all day and train ants to go in peoples houses. and eat muffins
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

BBoozer

Post by BBoozer »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:They have boxes of trained ants. Millions. They sit around all day and train ants to go in peoples houses. and eat muffins
Indeed, and now they're using genetic engineering to create a new race of ANTS THAT WILL DRINK YOUR BOURBON!

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Damn it! I knew it!

And even as I type, random ants are crawling on my arms. I kill them, but I refuse to feel bad about it.
like tears in rain

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

if ants drank my bourbon, i'm pretty sure i'd eat those ants.

yep.
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:They have boxes of trained ants. Millions. They sit around all day and train ants to go in peoples houses. and eat muffins
Somebody clearly stole my evil plan number 4 and is using it without paying royalties.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

Savage wrote:..."You wanna start something, roundeye?" (in the voice of Don LaFontaine.)
Since thread resurrection seems to be the order of the day...

He died a while back, in 2008 actually, but IN A WORLD where there's a search function, here's the man himself.

Don LaFontaine

Living where you do, Lady S., I've had some insane ant infestations myself. This stuff works. The only problem is, it's delayed reaction. It may take a week before they're gone.

Luckily, they were only crawling on the window sill, not on me.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Where in the freaking hell did you dig out this threat booznik? In germany people who do this more than twice a month go to jail!
And now would you please put that head atop it`s original owner`s body. This isn`t lego or transformers

On topic, since they are draining one of my neighbours walls that silverfish problem solved itself. Have I told you that I live in a very cool place?
Drink!

booznik
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by booznik »

oettinger wrote:...silverfish...
As nibblers of books, those bastards have a very special place in Hell for those of us who read sliced tree. Or, who grew up doing so, anyway. Now it's all ether-bits, with the exception of the Holy Magazine, which I hope will have an e-mag version at some point.

The silverfish eat my books while I drink.
"Booznik. Smooth, classy and manatee-like." --Bur

"Oh, you've been reading your Sir Kenelm Digby, haven't you? Stick to the mead recipes, especially that of the Mayor of Moscovy. That shizz is SACK!!!" --Badfellow

"Now stop and DRINK! bastards." --mistah willies

"A stand alone place for booze is as essential for a home, as is a bed to sleep on." --Miklo

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

booznik wrote:
oettinger wrote:...silverfish...
As nibblers of books, those bastards have a very special place in Hell for those of us who read sliced tree. Or, who grew up doing so, anyway. Now it's all ether-bits, with the exception of the Holy Magazine, which I hope will have an e-mag version at some point.

The silverfish eat my books while I drink.
Bon appetit! Both of you
Drink!