***McRib Alert***

That's right. You can put them right here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Resident Asshole
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Re: ***McRib Alert***

Post by Resident Asshole »

Jiggers McCoy wrote:I feel that Pumpkin-flavored things are the McRib of white, granola-stuffed yuppies. At least in the states.

Artificial demand, yo.
I dunno, I had a pumpkin donut at the local mill and a pumpkin beer from my local brewery. I thought both were freaking great.
Bourbon is my blood.

"Gren Label will rock on the show for me." bot rehan507

"women want to better express themselves. Dress up as their own performance this will be a lack of confidence." bot clshoo348

select backwards to God, his safekeeping a weapon homeopathy bold deed, president each opposite's cervix. bot klmn619

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

Wingman wrote:
BBoozer wrote: no booze. Eating cardboard hamburgers with no alcohol at hand is not what I expect of a meal.
i thought you could get a beer in mcdonalds. and i ain't talkin' bout no paper cup; i mean a glass of beer.
I wouldn't call that thing "beer". It tastes like the shop owner has just washed his dog with it.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

Jiggers McCoy
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by Jiggers McCoy »

Ask yourself, if the McRib/Pumpkin-flavored stuff is so great, why don't they sell it year-round?
• "Avoiding the darker alcohols like bourbon, red wine and dark rum might lessen [a hangover] and you might also dance better if you wear a tutu instead of trousers." - FKR

• "If you wanna 'talk about' my drinking, it better be about how fucking awesome it is." - Me

Surreal
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Surreal »

Resident Asshole wrote:
Jiggers McCoy wrote:I feel that Pumpkin-flavored things are the McRib of white, granola-stuffed yuppies. At least in the states.

Artificial demand, yo.
I dunno, I had a pumpkin donut at the local mill and a pumpkin beer from my local brewery. I thought both were freaking great.
Uncle John's Cider Mill in St. John's......?
fuck em man, it ain't easy walkin the righteous path.
- Hoss

Wingman
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Wingman »

Jiggers McCoy wrote:Ask yourself, if the McRib/Pumpkin-flavored stuff is so great, why don't they sell it year-round?
like that Jiggers guy said, "artificial demand, yo."
Stupid should hurt.

"We're better than mere people, we're DRUNKARDS."
--ThirstyDrunk

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

Surreal wrote:
Resident Asshole wrote:

Artificial demand, yo.
Uncle John's Cider Mill in St. John's......?
No...John Stuart Mill's uncle.

I had an McRib today. I think that it gave me a buzz.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

BBoozer
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by BBoozer »

Wingman wrote:
BBoozer wrote: no booze. Eating cardboard hamburgers with no alcohol at hand is not what I expect of a meal.
i thought you could get a beer in mcdonalds. and i ain't talkin' bout no paper cup; i mean a glass of beer.
See, those women cannot be trusted. We walked into McDonalds with the kids, the redhead said: 'you stay with the kids, what do you want me to get for you'. I answered 'a beer and whatever shite they have for food' and she swore there was no beer, she got me a BigMac and a diet coke. The liar.

Surreal
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Surreal »

Because inquiring minds and sophisticated palates want to know.

10 High and McRib = Tonite's dinner.
http://tinyurl.com/3w272an
fuck em man, it ain't easy walkin the righteous path.
- Hoss

Aloysius_of_Tahiti
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Aloysius_of_Tahiti »

McRib's back on sale??? I'm heading to my local Micky D and posting up with about a dozen of 'em and a cooler of beer.

Mr Boozificator
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Mr Boozificator »

I have never had Mc rib and never will: I prefer food that is not being served in between two sponges. But From what i've seen I'm pretty sure you can prepare a better version of it home: mix 125 grams of ground pork with 100 grams of beef, mix, incorporate paprika and a bit of cayenne pepper+salt, make a vaguely square thick patty, throw in a very hot pan with vegetable oil, turn after four minutes, wait for an extra three. Put inbetween two slices of real bread with rings of raw onion and possibly pickles.

Preparation time around 20 minutes all included. You can deglaze with a bit of vinegar and use the juices to impregnate the bread instead of any kind of sauce.
"I never want to go to bed if there are still beers in the fridge, but then I am always hopeful that there are beers left in there when I wake up.". Thirstydrunk.

"We all look for happiness, but without knowing where to find it: like drunkards who look for their house, knowing dimly that they have one." Voltaire

"The prince of darkness is a gentleman." Shakespeare.

Glasgae Sam
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Glasgae Sam »

Mr Boozificator wrote:I have never had Mc rib and never will: I prefer food that is not being served in between two sponges. But From what i've seen I'm pretty sure you can prepare a better version of it home: mix 125 grams of ground pork with 100 grams of beef, mix, incorporate paprika and a bit of cayenne pepper+salt, make a vaguely square thick patty, throw in a very hot pan with vegetable oil, turn after four minutes, wait for an extra three. Put inbetween two slices of real bread with rings of raw onion and possibly pickles.

Preparation time around 20 minutes all included. You can deglaze with a bit of vinegar and use the juices to impregnate the bread instead of any kind of sauce.
I like how this ends with impregnating something with ones sauce....
Let us have wine and women, mirth and laughter,
Sermons and soda water the day after.

www.drunchblog.com <- it's full of pictures of epic breakfasts made by me and my friends. That's about it.

BBoozer

Post by BBoozer »

Mr Boozificator wrote:I have never had Mc rib and never will: I prefer food that is not being served in between two sponges. But From what i've seen I'm pretty sure you can prepare a better version of it home: mix 125 grams of ground pork with 100 grams of beef, mix, incorporate paprika and a bit of cayenne pepper+salt, make a vaguely square thick patty, throw in a very hot pan with vegetable oil, turn after four minutes, wait for an extra three. Put inbetween two slices of real bread with rings of raw onion and possibly pickles.

I agree with this post. Time loss compared to going to McDo: none. Taste gain: 100%. Plus, while preparing food, one can enjoy a glass of wine, or bourbon, or whatever you like.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

BBoozer wrote:

I agree with this post. Time loss compared to going to McDo: none. Taste gain: 100%. Plus, while preparing food, one can enjoy a glass of wine, or bourbon, or whatever you like.
Guys...this is the McRib we're talking about here: "A fast-food legend that can't be beaten, seldom seen and rarely eaten."

Please show some respect. {;^)>
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

JimLahey
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by JimLahey »

Hmmm, I never had one of those. Didn't the Simpsons have an entire episode based around it?
Not sure if we have them in Canada... Oh well, I'm more of a burger and wings type person. Pub food rocks.

BBoozer

Post by BBoozer »

peetie44 wrote:
BBoozer wrote:

Guys...this is the McRib we're talking about here: "A fast-food legend that can't be beaten, seldom seen and rarely eaten."

Please show some respect. {;^)>
I know, I know, we're just European morons that don't have your (and by 'you' I mean Americans) culinary tradition and insights ;-) But why McDo? I mean, I once went to a fastfood restaurant after a dodgers game where they served meat sandwiches with horse radish, I don't recall the name of the place but it is famous in LA. Now, I'll tell you, the place was hectic, we were sitting at long tables, but it was a good meal. American style. And I know that you can eat well in the US, but McDo is just a step too far for me.