***McRib Alert***

That's right. You can put them right here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Re: ***McRib Alert***

Post by Chimneyfish »

I don't know if this is a European thing or not, but I think you guys are missing the point. It's no secret that you can find better food than McDonalds. The point is that it's on every corner and you can get a double cheeseburger for $1 at 3am. McRibs are delicious cheap drunk food, but nobody would consider them an example of the best ribs America is capable of producing. I doubt anyone would even consider them ribs for that matter.

That sandwich place in LA is called Philippe's.

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Chimneyfish wrote:I don't know if this is a European thing or not, but I think you guys are missing the point. It's no secret that you can find better food than McDonalds. The point is that it's on every corner and you can get a double cheeseburger for $1 at 3am. McRibs are delicious cheap drunk food, but nobody would consider them an example of the best ribs America is capable of producing. I doubt anyone would even consider them ribs for that matter.

Honestly, I don't recall ever noticing a higher density of McDonald's franchises than I have in Paris/France. In some areas, there are multiple McD's almost within walking distance of one another. Maybe NY City...but Paris has a LOT of McD's.

Btw...THESE are ribs:

http://www.grillingwithrich.com/charlie ... ant-review
Last edited by peetie44 on Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

Chimneyfish
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Chimneyfish »

I'm just referring to the responses in this thread, like the recipe for how to cook McRibs at home

peetie44
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by peetie44 »

Chimneyfish wrote:I'm just referring to the responses in this thread, like the recipe for how to cook McRibs at home
Cf...you ever eat here?

http://www.eandjbbq.com/menu.php
"Man i once bought $101 worth of insect candy because it was free shipping on orders over 100 bucks." -- ThirstyDrunk

"I wanted a shark high on crack dumped into a piranha tank! I wanted college AD's to pull their human faces off, then dive at each other's lizard throats!" -- waahoohah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01p7k6T ... e=youtu.be

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

McRib is just a sauced up JTM.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

BeerMakesMeSmart
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by BeerMakesMeSmart »

I got an extra saucy McRib in my pants for JohnnyT.
I'll miss you, pallie.

Judge

Post by Judge »

Meh, whatever. I got mine this last week. Checked that one off the list for this year.
Proverbs 31:6&7

"Pain is sometimes the price of laughter."-Oggar

CPE1704TKS

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane"-Marcus Aurelius

And afterwords we can run amok! Or if you're too tired, we can walk amok.

BBoozer
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof

Post by BBoozer »

Chimneyfish wrote:I don't know if this is a European thing or not, but I think you guys are missing the point. It's no secret that you can find better food than McDonalds. The point is that it's on every corner and you can get a double cheeseburger for $1 at 3am. McRibs are delicious cheap drunk food, but nobody would consider them an example of the best ribs America is capable of producing. I doubt anyone would even consider them ribs for that matter.

I stand corrected, Chimneyfish. As drunk food, and not having french fries places that are open all night, McDo would be a good alternative. And thanks for name of the LA sandwich place. Pkilippe's it is.

Savage
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Savage »

Grumpy sez I'm not a real 'merican, on account of I don't like hamburgers, hot dogs, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and popcorn. So you can imagine what I think of this latest fast food atrocity. Oh, and I don't drink coffee, either. but then again, most of you young folk don't, either. You drink a cup of fake milk and sugar substitute, with a shot of java. mmm, foamy...
like tears in rain

Smatter Noguts
Boozing Like Bukowski
Boozing Like Bukowski

Post by Smatter Noguts »

Savage wrote:Grumpy sez I'm not a real 'merican, on account of I don't like hamburgers, hot dogs, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and popcorn. So you can imagine what I think of this latest fast food atrocity. Oh, and I don't drink coffee, either. but then again, most of you young folk don't, either. You drink a cup of fake milk and sugar substitute, with a shot of java. mmm, foamy...
Jesus! Did you hate your Mom, too? And Apple Pie? Baseball? NASCAR and Pro Bass Fishing?

Never mind, it's all good 'cause you do Halloween.

Commie.

Long Live Mickey D's plastic pork.

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

BBoozer wrote:My redhead lured me into a McD meal last month. NEVER AGAIN! No taste at all, no booze. Eating cardboard hamburgers with no alcohol at hand is not what I expect of a meal. Yes peetie, it was in Lommel, at that horrible Singel mall.
You're supposed to go AFTER you've consumed the booze ...
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

coqui_chris
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by coqui_chris »

Mr Boozificator wrote:I have never had Mc rib and never will: I prefer food that is not being served in between two sponges. But From what i've seen I'm pretty sure you can prepare a better version of it home: mix 125 grams of ground pork with 100 grams of beef, mix, incorporate paprika and a bit of cayenne pepper+salt, make a vaguely square thick patty, throw in a very hot pan with vegetable oil, turn after four minutes, wait for an extra three. Put inbetween two slices of real bread with rings of raw onion and possibly pickles.

Preparation time around 20 minutes all included. You can deglaze with a bit of vinegar and use the juices to impregnate the bread instead of any kind of sauce.
20 minutes?

I don't think you guys are understanding the allure of the McRib here ...
"To avoid criticism: Do nothing, Say nothing, Be nothing" - Fred Shero

"You hear players, media people say it's tough to play in Philly in front of these fans. To those people, I say, you didn't have the guts to succeed here." - John Kruk

BBoozer

Post by BBoozer »

coqui_chris wrote:
Mr Boozificator wrote:I have never had Mc rib and never will: I prefer food that is not being served in between two sponges. But From what i've seen I'm pretty sure you can prepare a better version of it home: mix 125 grams of ground pork with 100 grams of beef, mix, incorporate paprika and a bit of cayenne pepper+salt, make a vaguely square thick patty, throw in a very hot pan with vegetable oil, turn after four minutes, wait for an extra three. Put inbetween two slices of real bread with rings of raw onion and possibly pickles.

Preparation time around 20 minutes all included. You can deglaze with a bit of vinegar and use the juices to impregnate the bread instead of any kind of sauce.
20 minutes?

I don't think you guys are understanding the allure of the McRib here ...
20 minutes is good compared to going to McDo. The nearest McDo to me is a ten km drive, so give and take 10 minutes. Then there is parking, waiting in line,... oh yeah, did I mention the driving, which pretty much excludes pre-McDo drinking? Just saying, we (Europeans) live with different paradigmas.

JohnnyT

Post by JohnnyT »

I had a McRib last year for the first time.

I drank a fifth to get over my disappointment.

BeerMakesMeSmart
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by BeerMakesMeSmart »

J. Tequila wrote:I had a McRib last year for the first time.

I drank a fifth to get over my disappointment.
You must drink a case after looking in the mirror!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!
I'll miss you, pallie.