question for you car guys

That's right. You can put them right here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: question for you car guys

Post by oettinger »

^^^ The hybrid version looks alot more complicated though
Drink!

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

ThirstyDrunk wrote:SHOW ME THE CARFAX

About 1978 my dad buys this Jag. 1971 SJ12, one owner, the car is immaculate. Like I described leather interior, wood grain dash, well kept car. A few days after he bought it he took me for a ride, I was about 14 yrs old and when we went around the I-35 bypass in Xenia at 140 MPH that was the fastest I'd ever been in a car. It kicked ass I was sold.
A couple months later my Mom went to pick something up at Sears and left our family dog, a rambunctious Boxer named Caesar, in the car. He decided to try and dig his way out of the car through the passenger seat. It's still coverd in black electrical tape to this day.
A year or so later the car started running funny. My dad has been a mechanic all his life, so he called up all his buddies and decided to find out the problem. It ended up with all of them drunk in our garage with the engine half tore down and them gunning the motor until midnight. There was fire shooting out the tailpipes I remember, and it melted the grill on a Chrysler parked behind it in the driveway. My mom still swears they were pouring shine in the carbeurator. Engine blown, it sat for about a year in our garage.
Then they decided to swap it out for a Chevy motor, easier to work on. So they hauled the car over to a drunk buddies house and spent a month transferring this 12 cylinder Jag motor out for a V8 Chevy engine. I was only there for a couple nights, but it was a fucking drunk mechanic pipedream world. I was a punk kid, but they needed me. They could call a bolt size by looking, but they were so drunk they couldnt read the size on the sockets. I felt like I was helping.
To everyones amazement, the fuckin thing worked. It ran for another couple years until the brakes went out.
It now sits in a garage in Xenia Ohio where my mother wears my fathers tap dancing shoes and dances on top of it.
My old man died last year and mom wants this car gone. We dug it out of the garage to make room for more of her shit. I gotta sell this thing PRONTO!
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Frankennietzsche
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Frankennietzsche »

I'll give you a pack of Reds, a fifth of 100 proof Very Old Barton and 10 bones US.
“Süßen witwe Mutter-Hosen — kommst du hier mit mein knackenpfeife schnell, oder Ich zeige Ihnen mein Zuhälter Hand!”

"I am going to pistol-whip the next person who says 'shenanigans' "

"Rectum? It nearly killed him!"

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

if only this wasn't urgent...

I would have your arm off in a few years
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best