Computer frustration

That's right. You can put them right here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Computer frustration

Post by RIPT2.0 »

So my computer bit the dust two days ago. Went to the store and dropped a grand on a new one. Still not ready and I'm pissed. They are fucking with my happy hour and I'm not happy!

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: Computer frustration

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Wow, so I have this new computer. Is it faster than a speeding bullet? NO! Is it pissing me off? YES! WTF! I should have bought a fucking Mac!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

I've been meaning to upgrade the old Commodore Vic 20 for years now, but booze and other expenditures keep eating up my budget. Maybe I should just start robbing liquor stores.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Yeah, old tech never fucked with me like this new tech! Yup! Had to upgrade my intertron speed to baby cakes my new fuck me in the ass computer. Fuck technology.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I hate computers too, they`re a necessary evil sadly. I always say if you can`t fix a thing with a hammer and a screwdriver witchcraft is involved!
Drink!

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

One frustration after another. I get this fucker running but the internet is too slow. The cable company says that for an extra $15/month I can get 100 mbps, whereas I am only now getting 1 mbps. I say ok but they better send a fucking tech cuz I know this shit will be fucked up. They say, No it's so easy to hook up! We'll just mail the new modem to you!

They mail me the new modem. Can't get it to work. Lots of cussing and trying to get a fucking tech support person. Finally, I get this woman. I'm jacking with her the whole time, cracking jokes, and got her laughing a bit. Finally, it starts working. Am I getting 100 mbps? Fuck no! I'm still getting 1 mbps. AND there's only one out port, so I can't figure out how to get my wireless router to work. Of course, the cable company could have given me a new wireless router- for an extra $5/month.

Bottom line- they have to send a tech to my house on Monday, which is what I asked them to do in the first fucking place, to figure out why this new "high speed" modem don't work!

Fucking joke all the way around.

Oh, and the 10 year old modem that they told was worthless? They want the fucker back! Or they'll charge me big bucks! Fucking criminal!

whiskeyprick
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by whiskeyprick »

First world drunkard problems
Gambling is a disease, but it's the only one you can win a ton of money for having - Norm Macdonald

oldsmartskunk
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by oldsmartskunk »

whiskeyprick wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:09 am
Yeah. Decadent western swine. May alah punish you. Even though he won't. In US alah Turned to Al and he sells women shoes!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

whiskeyprick wrote:
Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:09 am
Badfellow wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:49 pm
Maybe I should just start robbing liquor stores.
Don't blame me. Blame that "logic" shit.

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

unplug it and plug it back in
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

They want that crap modem back?
For what purpose? Dust it off and resell it in Belize?

If I was without internet one day I would do something very wise and go on a killingspree. Police would stop me infront of endboss CEO thoguh "protecting the hand that`s feeding it"
Drink!

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Finally, got the intertron back. It's much faster now but not max speed faster unless I hard wire directly to the modem instead of the wireless router (I'm learning these terms as I go). Wireless router is a choke point and it really slows things down if I go totally wireless, which is still faster than it was. So I guess I now have to buy a new wireless router. This shit never ends.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Computer frustration... lost my phone at some point while drinking Evan Williams and riding in a sidecar bicycle on the way back from the liquor depot. Fortunately, there is more whiskey and I remembered that I had written down all my contacts analog style in a notebook. And there's the new phone, which is slick, but it's still money better spent on honey, and by honey I mean more booze.

I hate the fact that I am tethered to this goddamn thing. Maybe just throw it in the lake and start using smoke signals and semaphore instead?

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Badfellow wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:09 am
Computer frustration... lost my phone at some point heading back from the liquor despot, guzzling Evan Williams while standing atop the sidecar of a motorcycle flying down the highway with the wind whipping my duster. Then the aircraft caught up to us...

Fortunately, there is more whiskey and I remembered that I had carved the info my contacts onto an oak tree with my trusty dirk. Now there's this new telemetry device, which is slick, but it's still money better spent on honey, and by honey I mean more booze.

I hate the fact that I am tethered to this goddamn thing. Maybe just throw it in the lake and start using smoke signals and semaphore instead?
There's yerr problem. Perhaps allow someone to drive said motorcycle next time, yep? Hey, just offering my two wampum beads.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

No, it was a bicycle. And I was riding in the side car being a lazy bum drinking whiskey.