how to escape to alaska

That's right. You can put them right here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

how to escape to alaska

Post by Hugh »

anybody here from alaska?

I found some videos about homeless drunks in anchorage alaska. looks pretty fucking brutal. the cops go out to the camps and try to either help them or arrest them or some shit, i don't know, but they show all the beer cans and liquor bottles all over the place. they say that they find people frozen to death there all the time.

but what about escaping there with a little bit of money to have a place to live, but far enough away that nobody can bother you? i'm thinkking something like kethcikan alaska where the weather is mild and rainy. i think i would do well there if i could get there. i could just rent a cabin and drink all the time. do you think that would work? I have about $50K saved up right now. plus I get social security soon. I'm 52 years old. do you think there is internet there so i could submit my poems and novels to publishers? would they rent to me if they know i am from california? if they know i'm from california maybe they will think i'm not tough enough to make it. but all i want to do is drink and write and be away from everyone. do you think it would be quiet there? i want to go where it is quiet and there is water. but i'm much to scared to move to alaska. but i want to. any advice is appreciated. fuck i wish i knew what the fuck to do. all i know is that where i'm at now it is malevolent with the landlord raising my rent and people assaulting me with noise.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: how to escape to alaska

Post by Hugh »

you know why i posted this here instead of on facebook with the normal people? because drunks can be honest and really try to help. of course they are funny and full of shit, but if they know something they will say it. that's the greatest wisdom i've found yet - to trust fucking drunks.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

i've been drinking for eight hours straight with nothing to eat. but i need to figure some shit out. you motherfuckers are probably my best chance. i try to post some worhtwhile shit in the solo drinker thread like stuff from bukowski and thoreau and stuff. so i'm not being a mooch

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

so it means i'm not just tryng to take. look at my other posts where i try to give some kind of information too. i'm not being a bum

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

i know i ain't no good but i try to give informaton too maybe it is good but maybe it is not but i am not just trying to take without giving

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

i took down my avatar because my hair is buzzed off

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

i also looked at the desert but there is no water there and i might die. i look for jobs out in like new mexico like a roustabout. but i'm afraid of the desert. do you think alaska is better than the desert

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

I've heard that there are still plots up in Alaska that you can homestead, meaning that if you stake a plot and live in it for a few years it's rightfully urine. You could do that, take your cash and build one of them tiny houses. Of course, you would have to dig your own hole to shit in which may be a chore digging through the permafrost, and I saw one Alaska show on T.V. where the hole was full and they had to dig a new one and move the outhouse. The thing that fascinated me the most was when they picked up the outhouse and showed the giant frozen shit stalagmite that had grown underneath.
I doubt this is much help to you, but I appreciate your posts and the fact that you want to give to the drunkard community, whereas my posts are all meaningless, banal, insipid tripe that should have been deleted and the poster banned like over a decade ago.
Cheers to your dream of solitude, go ahead and move up there. Who knows, with climate change maybe by the time you get your house built and shithole dug the area weather may turn into something close to Southern California.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

One nice thing to note: after you've lived in Alaska for more than a year, you qualify as a state resident, and state residents receive an annual dividend from pipeline revenues. In 2017 this amounted to a little over $1000 per person. Some years it's north of $2000.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

There are other places you might consider.
Libertarians are quite accepting of differing viewpoints.
For them, is all about personal liberty; fuck the machine.

Here's one, in a lovely read. It's in New Hampshire.
https://magazine.atavist.com/barbearian ... -fake-news

ThirstyDrunk
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by ThirstyDrunk »

Badfellow wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:13 am
a little over $1000 per person. Some years it's north of $2000.
That's a bonus, but I've heard that booze is harder to come by and can be staggeringly expensive. A couple grand may help, but barely makes up for the price difference in your yearly drink budget. Or maybe build a still before you dig your shithole.

There was a chick in Alaska on the board for awhile. Worked in a bar, wore a cowboy hat, that's all I remember.
Like a desperate thirst in a raging drought

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Booze is definitely way more expensive in Alaska, which is kind of ironic because drinking is the official state sport. If a person were to go somewhere like the Matsu valley, you'd have enough fermentable material nearby to set up a still. You could make a year worth of booze from the potato cullings alone. I once heard from someone up there though that the biggest threat to a still isn't the blue shirts but the grizzled instead. Moonshinnin in Alaska would be a trip.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Hey, I think I saw that poopcicle episode of Alaskan Fuckers. What you need to do is tamp a bunch of dynamite and blow that poopcicle to kingdom come in a big ceremonial event involving lots of liquor and drugs. Or maybe shoot the shit with concentrated fire from a half dozen AK-47s. Just sayin', there's ways of dealing with it.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

mistah willies wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:10 am
It's in New Hampshire...
I've heard New Hampshire is a fake state. Seem to remember being there once, but I'm still not convinced it exists.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

What's the state motto of New Hampshire again: "Live free or die fucking trying"