Renting woes - the trials and tribulations

That's right. You can put them right here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: San Diego apartment rentals

Post by Hugh »

LOL - I get the helicopter ambulances, too. But on the plus side, the hospital and its emergency room are right across the street and I can hobble over there in an emergency. Such as i did a couple of months ago with a strangulated hernia. That required emergency surgery. That my insurance didn't completely cover. That left me with thousands in medical bills.

And oh yeah - I got another rent increase this month.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Re: San Diego apartment rentals

Post by oettinger »

Emergency - insurance didn`t completely cover.

Nice, really
Drink!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

what do y'all own what do your rent

Post by Hugh »

Some mother fuckers are rich and own all their shit. Well, maybe they ain't rich, but they own their shit.

Do you rent where you live? Do you own it?

Back in 1990 I moved into an apartment that was furnished with furniture. Bed, couch, lamps, end tables. Even a kitchen table. I ended up living there for nineteen fucking years.

I want to know about you working class mother fuckers. If you are so fucking poor that you have to hold down a job, how the fuck are you getting through life? I want to know how to do it.

I rent this little apartment but I bought my own fucking furniture. I never owned furniture before, When I lie down on the bed I own the fucking bed. I paid for this shit. I own my coffee table and my laptops and I have a tv that I never watch but I own it like I"m a rich mother fucker. But I know I'm poor. But I can tell myself that I'm rich compared to other people in the rest of the world. Is that what you do? I guess y'all mother fuckers don't give a shit about whAt you own or rent. I have a Mr. Coffee. It is the small four cup coffee maker. But I feel rich for having it.

HOw do you decide what you are going to spend money on? You can't keep buying a bunch of shit if you are poor working class.

I like to buy wine and whiskey too. That is important.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: what do y'all own what do your rent

Post by Hugh »

my neighbor who died also lived there. He was there for 30 years, he didn't ever have to buy a bed or couch or anything but a tv. he was the one who taught me about boxed wine and not to waste money. He taught me that we were peasants. I wish he was still alive

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

I'm too stupid to figure it all out, but he had it down, Just get through life. He paid rent and made it all the way through. There ain't no fucking way I'll figure it out as well as he did.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

But he isn't the first working class mother fucker to figure it all out. Other people had to figure it out too. But things get worse as time goes on. A working class mother fucker today might no make it like someone 30 years ago

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Calm down 2Pac, motherfucker.

Rent free here, own my own. I never paid rent in my life. 'Xcuse me, I`m chocking on a silverspoon
Drink!

scream ale
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by scream ale »

I own a small but lucrative whorehouse in the finger lakes area. Housing-wise I've been a renter most of my life. I also rent a lot of beer. I do however own a sizable record and cassette collection, as does my girlfriend, who I am still making payments on, but will someday own out right. I am co-owner of two cats but they think they own everything. Myself and most of family are working class and if I were jackass enough to breed my kids might be working class too. Some or all of this is bullshit, feel free to speculate.

And yes, settle down motherfucker.

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Me, the wife and the bank own my house. We all own my Rav4. We are also co-owners on my Triumph. The POS honda fit we actually own outright. 15 more years and the house will be ours(the wife and I), 3 more on the Toy and the Trumpet will be mine in about 5. So We keep busting our ass to pay for all this shit we are slaves to.
Booze, the wife and riding are the only respite.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

North Eastern woodland Injun here.
Never free loaded a day in my life.

But everwhere I go, it feels like home somehow. Long as I have this lamp, this astray, and this thermos

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

mistah willies wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:35 pm

But everwhere I go, it feels like home somehow. Long as I have this lamp, this astray, and this thermos
Would be incredibly funny if the goverment made you injuns pay rent for the land

Like us germans charging Israel for our outlandish gasbills
Drink!

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

oettinger wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:24 pm
mistah willies wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:35 pm

Would be incredibly funny if the goverment made you injuns pay rent for the land

Like us germans charging Israel for our outlandish gasbills
It be like dat

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Reparations? Repatriations? Reciprocities?

Here's a piece of pie from the wise: you don't really own the land; you just pay taxes on it. And, if you think I'm full of shots and bongs, look up the concept of eminent domain.

I hereby claim Imperial County, California for the Republic of Drunkardia. See how that works?
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

i don't give a fuck

Post by Hugh »

i rent this place and i pay my rent and you can't take it from me i paid my rent.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: i don't give a fuck

Post by Hugh »

i followed the rules and paid my rent i should be allowed to live here