Renting woes - the trials and tribulations

That's right. You can put them right here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

San Diego apartment rentals

Post by Hugh »

God friggin damb! I used to live in a little dump in the Pacific Beach area, a six unit apartment building in an alley on Magnolia Ave. When I first moved in back in 1990, the rent was only $450 per month, the cheapest in the classified section of the newspaper at the time. I lived in that hellhole for NINETEEN years. It eventually became infested with bed bugs and I left. The guy who owned it sold it to a real estate management company, and I periodically check the rental ads on craigslist just to see how much they are renting for all these years later. (I only do it when I'm drunk and sentimental like I am tonight.)

Apparently a few of you Drunkards here are from San Diego, so you are no doubt familiar with the skyrocketing housing costs. Those little apartments are only 333 sq ft, and yes, I measured it when I lived there. Tiny little miserable fucking things. One of them is for rent right now. For $1295 per month. https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/apa ... 07984.html That building was built back n 1957, BTW.

At first I couldn't believe that it was the same building, you may notice the ad doesn't give the exact address, but from the pictures in the ad, I recognize that specific unit. It was the same unit that a guy died in back in 1990 or 91 from an apparent seizure, his upstairs neighbor noticed that he was in the same spot on the floor in front of the couch with the TV on for two days. The cops came and put yellow tape over the door until they were satisfied that it wasn't a homicide.

You know, somebody will rent that thing and pay the $1295 for something not much bigger than a closet. I can't help but wonder if the bed bugs are still there.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: San Diego apartment rentals

Post by Artful Drunktective »

I also live in the Western region and it is disgusting how we are gouged for rent for a total fking dump. What I want to know is...where do these people work where they can afford it?!
Okole maluna!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Artful Detective wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:49 pm
I also live in the Western region and it is disgusting how we are gouged for rent for a total fking dump. What I want to know is...where do these people work where they can afford it?!
I just got another rent increase notice today, the second one in six months. That's how I ended up on Craigslist, I'm looking for what my future holds. I will not be able to afford to live here much longer. I checked rents out in El Cajon hoping they would be cheap out there - they are not.

BTW, don't you work in a bar? The last few times I've been in bars, the conversations revolve around increasing rents and eviction notices. I personally know of two people who were given quit notices, and another who gave up his apartment to go move in with roommates. Are you hearing anything from renters being kicked out of apartments?

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Just a few days ago I was chatting with an early morning bartender who said she got a recent rent increase of $200 per month. She has a kid, but she says she can afford it for now, but only because she doesn't have a car payment or a credit card payment. She said if they do it again, though, she will have to take her kid and move in with an ex.

I guess the only way people are keeping their apartments are with roommates. That is not an option for me. I'll go live in a canyon before I live with roommates.

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Hehehe no I don't work in a bar it's just my MD facade. I am actually a professional with a college degree. But I do work 2-3 jobs to afford to live. I shoulda strived harder and been a bimbo and milked some douche bag out of a lotta money! (Please see "Why I never married" thread.")
Okole maluna!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Hugh wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:08 pm

I guess the only way people are keeping their apartments are with roommates. That is not an option for me. I'll go live in a canyon before I live with roommates.
Unfortunately that is how I am currently living and I am contemplating which canyon to move to.
Okole maluna!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Wow that`s a lot of drinking money. Say, does the landlord go by the name of Mr. Viking? That would explain a lot
Drink!

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Btw Hugh, careful with the thread titles, I thought you were another bot lol. The long text with a link inside didn`t help either.
You rock though and keep on posting. See ya on solo missions
Drink!

waahoohah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.
Location: http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/ ... a_flag.png

Post by waahoohah »

Ho. Lee. Crap!
$420 a month here! Sure, the kitchen is too small, and the hospital helicopters are annoying once in a while. But there's a hospital RIGHT THERE, right?
Of course, the downside is living in the middle of Kansas, but I'd rather know at the end of the the month that all the bills are paid.
"Beginner's luck is only possible if you try."

-Lee Harvey Oswald

waahoohah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by waahoohah »

It seems I murdered this thread with my reasonable rent. I am sorry. Please, carry on. Away from here.

-Lee Harvey Oswald

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

No you didn`t. Our jaws are just still dropped, `cause if Kansas has a middle does everything else also have one? And to think further does the middle have a middle, like inside? It probaly gets to a pointless point. This discussion is on spot

I officially murdered this thread now
Drink!

waahoohah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by waahoohah »

oettinger wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:46 am
No you didn`t. Our jaws are just still dropped, `cause if Kansas has a middle does everything else also have one? And to think further does the middle have a middle, like inside? It probaly gets to a pointless point. This discussion is on spot

I officially murdered this thread now
It's like that White Stripes video for S(FUCK IT. SPELLCHECK OFF) Seven Natione ASrmewy6. THeh centher juset keeopps comin g at yhou. AND IRT ALSO MENTIONS KANSAS!. Wjhoah.
Keanu.
Whoah.

-Lee Harvey Oswald

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Mod optoins:

Ban waahoohah - No, looks to obvious
Quote waahoohah - No, looks like he outsmarted me
Delete thread - No, looks like I`m Hitler
Merged thread with something stupid and old - No, you`re too drunk for that
hmm, Say hello - Yes, drunk people will get that

Cool, hey everyone! How is the rent going?
Drink!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

waahoohah wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:38 am
It's like that White Stripes video...
Yes, yes it is.

Think I'm in Trouble.

In related news:
Buckingham Fired From Fleetwood Mac
"Great musician," said Mick Fleetwood last Friday from his throne atop Paul McCartney's hidden tomb. "But the guy is a completely pretentious cunt. We had to cut ways. Fucking finally."

"I'd agree," said Stevie Nicks who fucked Buckingham repeatedly at his house on the hill called Buckingham on Doucheshire. "Even for an American, the guy is a total gypsy wanker. But his cock is huge. Please, don't quote me on that."
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

waahoohah
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by waahoohah »

Today I learned...

-Lee Harvey Oswald