Badfellow’s Guide to Modern Cannabis

That's right. You can put them right here.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Badfellow’s Guide to Modern Cannabis

Post by Badfellow »

Cannabis.

It doesn’t float everyone’s boat. But if you dig it, you dig it, and if you dig it, you probably already know it makes a great compliment to your favorite beverage of choice. Say coffee in the morning and whiskey in the evening to the accompaniment of getting thoroughly baked.

However, owing to it’s overall popularity, the cannabis of today has evolved into a rather complicated navigation of different products, strains and preparations. The task of being a connoisseur can be daunting, especially if you’re already stoned. Well, fear not, dudes! My cannabis guide services are at your every avail! Let’s take a quick walk through the garden as I point out a few of the sights, smells and sounds ready to delight you.

Pretty Flowers- The majority of consumed cannabis product worldwide is in the form of budded flower which is the cured cola of the female plant. This is smoked via pipes, bongs and/or doobies. Within the genus of cannabis there are two dominant species found in breeding, saliva and indica. The former is generally known for it’s more cerebral qualities while the latter has more of a tendency to lock your ass to the couch.

Without getting into the minutiae of organic chemistry, there are over 47 identified psychoactive compounds found uniquely within the cannabis plant. Collectively they are referred to as cannabinoids (not to be confused with hemorrhoids).

Oils vs. Live Resins- Oils and live resins have become quite popular for their convenience and lack of combustion (oils and resins are vaporized rather than burned). They are concentrates of the cannabis plant. Thus the potency is significantly higher than that found naturally occurring in flower, upwards of 93% THC content (delta-tetrahydrocannabinol-9). In other words, they will get you high as fuck.

The main difference between oil and live resin is that oil is extracted by means of a chemical solvent. On the other hand, live resin is made through a physical process of heat and pressure which allows for no nefarious chemical residues left behind in the final product. Live resin also has a great natural taste when vaped. Personally, I’m a live resin fan. Best invention since usquebaugh.

Butter, Shatter, Crumble and All That Other Shit- Just in case you’re not stoned enough, there’s another class of more solidified concentrates you can chuck in your $400 dab rig. It’s basically an ultra concentrated hash typically smoked by flameless, super complicated means. But what some stoner savants have figured out is that these concentrates can be rolled or packed into a doobie with stupefying effect.

I’ll save edibles for a different topic of discourse. And now, if you will forgive me, it’s time for a smoke break.
ພາສາລາວNONE GENUINE WITHOUT MY SIGNATUREພາສາລາວ

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Re: Badfellow’s Guide to Modern Cannabis

Post by Hugh »

I just got some coupons in the mail from this place: http://www.grassdoor.com

Can you look at it and find me something very mild?

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

I'll take one of everything. Bitte und danke.

Okole maluna!

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

The lowest THC I can find on there is an Indica, 3.5 grams for $30. Do you think that would be good for someone like me who gets knocked out and paranoid from strong weed? And what supplies should I get with it? A friend of mine carries this little thing that has a battery in it and when you toke on it, it lights the weed for you, then you just put it back in your pocket. That sounds kind of nice. But maybe I should just get some rolling papers.

https://grassdoor.com/product/vanilla-frosting-1281

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

For you, Hugh, I would definitely start with something mild. No more than 10% THC at the very most. Or if you are going to smoke or vape, be mindful to do a very small amount. But if you’re experiencing paranoid or otherwise unpleasant feelings when getting stoned, you may be one of those folks who possess a sort of psychoactive allergy to THC. In that case, I would recommend avoiding the green goodness altogether.

Regardless of what you decide, do keep us posted.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:26 am
You nailed it.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Occasional gumminess

Post by Badfellow »

Gummies. How many are too many? And how many is plenty?

The short answer: you should eat some and find out.

The long answer: gummies are rated by potency of THC-9 milligram content per unit. Commonly these are either 10mg or 25mg per dose/gummy bear. An "ideal" dosage is relative to number of factors including tolerance, metabolism and whether or not you’re eating them on an empty stomach. Starting with no more than 25mg is advisable. In my case, a 100mg dose seems to be the baseline for getting groovy.

And remember, there are "effect specific" gummies in the general categories of sativa, indica and hybrid. An indica gummy might be higher in other cannabinoids and thus more effective in the promotion of sleep and pain relief. A Lemon Haze sativa gummy combined with coffee and/or alcohol might result in a more cerebral and convivial experience.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

What you`re trying to say is, if I got the munchies after a random weed-smoke I should eat plenty of gummies
Drink!

Stendhal
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Stendhal »

Hugh wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:55 am
The lowest THC I can find on there is an Indica, 3.5 grams for $30. Do you think that would be good for someone like me who gets knocked out and paranoid from strong weed? And what supplies should I get with it? A friend of mine carries this little thing that has a battery in it and when you toke on it, it lights the weed for you, then you just put it back in your pocket. That sounds kind of nice. But maybe I should just get some rolling papers.

https://grassdoor.com/product/vanilla-frosting-1281
I would try a 10mg or less edible and see how it affects you. Would also give different strains a try, for me, sativas tend to give a more cerebral high, an above it all, detached feeling. Indicas tend to give more euphoria, but tend to be sedating. Usually prefer sativas because they are less likely to induce paranoia. I would try a small dose edible of each strain to see which, if either, you prefer.
Everything in moderation, including moderation

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Solid post, Stendhal. I agree with your observations and recommendation.

You can get edible gummies as low as 5mg here, Hugh -- not sure if you're in the same situation.

I've been taking 10mg Indicas recently. This is a sweet spot for me, as I have no tolerance to THC.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

I`m just glad by srcolling down I saw I posted already and don`t have to read all that again.

Edibles are as uncommon here as is cheesepoofs or Braindead on blue ray
Drink!

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

One of the most recent strains of cannabis to blow across the wastelands is called Cereal Milk.

+28% on the delta-tetrahydrocannabinol-9 scale for all you nerds out there. The bracts are so studded with crystals it looks to have been rolled in a bath of powdered diamonds. Bluish undertones. It has the raw bouquet of a vanilla cake laced with Afghani hash and orange zest, while the smoke itself is a wondrous lung-fuck which leads even those who are bong adept into euphoric fits of near orgasmic coughing. Pairs well and strong with your overproof rum of choice.

Badfellow
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by Badfellow »

Also meant to say, I think Stendhal's advice regarding 10mg or less as a starter dose is more solid than mine. I am sometimes remiss in not taking the relative tolerance of others into consideration.

Backbone Robby Bobby
Lord of Benders
Lord of Benders

Post by Backbone Robby Bobby »

Dude man, I have nothing against the product itself. If there was a vote for legalization in France, I'm not even sure I would have an opinion. I fully respect your knowledge on the subject and there's always been healing plants on this beautiful planet of ours. Also, I read, listen and respect many artists who would see me as Pat Buchanan. It's also possible to discuss with me. I'm not hysteric.
But for the moment in my country, cannabis and the rest is forbidden.

My problem with its use is just very grounded, very linked to my personal situation:

-I've been a big city street life pedestrian most of my life and it makes me not necessarily hyper but at least energetic. I find no need to become a slow talker, slow walker, slow thinker or slow doer. And I can't afford it. No one would let nor give me a second chance.
-all the kids in highschool that I knew and elsewhere who are potheads have a terribly bad memory. In my job search, I'm depending on many people who have bad memory but whose performances are not questioned. I speak three languages, have a lot of intrests and always struggle for my incomes despite my dedication, punctuality, courtesy, team spirit, loyalty, integrity and dilengenty. I can't afford to let the "man" threat me with more disrespect by being high myself.
-I like cops. When I run around bar hoping at night they are the ones who make my freedom possible. I'm law abiding by respect for them. Also, some cops are risking their lives fighting trafficking as I write. Is it too much to ask to me as a Euro-Westerner to make it easy for'em?
-I'm not a fuckin hippy. I'm an Elvis fan.
-It's not you. It's me.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Backbone Robby Bobby wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:55 pm

-all the kids in highschool that I knew and elsewhere who are potheads have a terribly bad memory.
You remember highschool?

Impressive
Drink!