Chess Full Of Gin

Remember what happened last night? Good. Now tell the world.

Moderators: Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, oettinger, Judge

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Chess Full Of Gin

Post by mistah willies »

In the asshole of California, which I refer to as Fuckno, there was once a tawdry assortment of apartments in a complex called, "San Joaquin Valley Estate" back in the '80s.

Assholes, for calling it that. It was more like the Sans Joking Cesspool.

My closest friend Joey and I awaited two cute ladies we'd met at the county fair the night before. Indeed, they were "Valley Girls," gag me with a fork. But they were going to pick us up in a car. This would be fun.

I'd like to think that it was his idea to play a game of chess and sip from the half handle of gin we'd pimped the night before, but the idea was most likely mine. I was prone to bad ideas. I will post a photo of my hands in the Judge's scar thread to prove this.

The idea was this: A shot for every man you lost.

It started out intelligent and gentlemanly at first, (Intelligentlemanly? Nah, fergit it...)

Towards the middle of the game, which would accelerate to the end of my love for gin, there came a knock on the front door.

Joey and I had been rapidly losing chess pieces as we hammered that handle. By "losing pieces," I mean, I found one a few days later under the fridge while searching for a dropped hit in the kitchen. There were angry dents in the walls behind each of our heads.

Well, the first thing you do is, you stand up, or try to, and adjust your tie. In this case, it was, "pull on your leather jackets and make yourselves preshentabbable."

We greeted our ladies with shiny eyes and smiles and made our way to their ride.

For some reason, they looked worried. They made us sit in the back, and drove us away.

The motion of the car was like a ship on the high seas, with the Kraken surging from the depths of our bellies. Thank goodness it wasn't that tasty rum concoction i had to re-learn a new fondness for, years later.

It was the blessed gin.

I rolled down the window to get some fresh desert air and felt a rumble in my tumble. I thrust my head out and ruined the paint all down the length of her car from where I sat, but Joey didn't bother with the window. He simply leaned over and filled the footwell with his own aromatics.

Needless to say, it was the shortest date I have ever been on, but not the quietest.

I can remember crawling across the grass from the curb where they returned us, grabbing at the grass to not fly off into the starry, spinning void above.

The Earth spins at a thousand or so miles per hour, you know.

But I still quite enjoy a game of chess.

Without gin.

Cheers, good friends.
Can we drink now? ---peetie44
At rock bottom, there is no down. ---The Oett
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow
I'll buy the first round if you promise to stop being a cunt. --- Dear Booze

Palinka (RIP)

Re: Chess Full Of Gin

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Excellent tale. Clearly you need one of these...
"If I had all the money that I've spent on drink, I'd spend it on drink!"
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Kindly listen to this, please.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Palinka wrote:Excellent tale. Clearly you need one of these...

Thank you for your kind words on my sad tale about gin, and that link is fucking excellent, kind sir.

Wish list item.
^ ^ ^ Yes his entire cutlery set and all utensils are made from assorted broken bottles.--- The Artful Detective
Just remember Hugh: a good cocktail in a shitty glass is better that a shitty cocktail in a pretty glass.---The Badfellow

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

I recently came across a medical report pre-WW1, which insisted that gin drinkers were more likely to suffer from "spontaneous human combustion". I should love to scan, and post, said document but, alas, the hospital will not allow its removal from the archive.
"The trouble with internet quotes is that one can never be sure if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
ドロンケン
ImageImage

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

that does sound ginteresting
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

Surreal
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Surreal »

Chess? meh....
Drunken Battleship is where it's at.
fuck em man, it ain't easy walkin the righteous path.
- Hoss

Mr. Viking
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Mr. Viking »

I'd like to sink a few
"I spent all of my money on cars, women and booze, the rest of it I squandered" G. Best

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

I'd be the captain who stays aboard the sinking ship in a sea of gin, you three mates. If gin would taste good again, neat and clean.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Ok, I'll start (which , eans, unconventionally, I am playing white), KP to KP4.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

steved2112
Ripped Like Reed
Ripped Like Reed

Post by steved2112 »

Palinka wrote:Ok, I'll start (which , eans, unconventionally, I am playing white), KP to KP4.
That move is illegal
(as you scratch your head at my obvious obliviance, I reach for your vodka)

tdcwillies you are obviously an enlightened man.
I feel like I;' Typing down hill.
-F. Sott Blitzedgerald

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Post by Bur »

I was planning on setting this up, so we can get this thread a little bit more interactive. Then I accidentally drank all my whisky.

Palinka (RIP)

Post by Palinka (RIP) »

Bur wrote:I was planning on setting this up, so we can get this thread a little bit more interactive. Then I accidentally drank all my whisky.
No problem, and my move stands.
ドロンケン
ImageImage

mistah willies
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by mistah willies »

Palinka wrote:
Bur wrote:I was planning on setting this up, so we can get this thread a little bit more interactive. Then I accidentally drank all my whisky.
No problem, and my move stands.

And it has been answered.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=41589&p=1103811#p1103811

Got any Vicodin on ya? It goes quite well with booze, my friend.

Shane-O-Matic
Drunker Than God
Drunker Than God

Post by Shane-O-Matic »

I'm late to this - sorry! - but that's a top story. Reminds me of why I still cannot play poker.

Essentially, each time I try and learn, I get really drunk and subsequently forget.