PIZZA!!!!

Moderators: mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator, Savage, Donald J. Drunk, Screwball

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Re: PIZZA!!!!

Post by benitobeast69 »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:00 pm
Absinthe Of Malice wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:56 am
New Haven apizza is the thing I measure all other pizza by...lots of New Haven area folks are rabid snobs, "yucking" everyone else's "yum". I won't, but I grew up <15 minutes from some of the best New Haven has to offer. Later in life, I married Mrs Malice 2.0 whose family is New Haven pizza royalty.

I would eat them all, and head to Lucibello's in New Haven for a giant lobster-tail pastry....
I looked those up and yep, I'd take one of each. I read that it, as well as the NY style, are descendants of the Neapolitan?

All y'all say NY pizza and no doubt it looks good- it was a tie between that and the STL for me, but I remember always seeing in movies that the NY pizza is so greasy (at least at some places) that it drips grease and people have to dab it with napkins and that kinda makes me wanna hurl a lil' bit.
Mate you're a £30 flight from Naples...just go eat the real shit. lol. Does your end of Deutschland have good local spots?
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Post by Artful Drunktective »

benitobeast69 wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:11 pm
Does your end of Deutschland have good local spots?
Nope. All the pizza here is scheisse and not authentic. It's all generic because they are made under the same roof as schnitzels and döner kebabs. The best pizza I've had here is Dominos if you can believe it. And I never even ate that before in the US because we had so much more.
Okole maluna!

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

Artful Drunktective wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 6:23 am
benitobeast69 wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:11 pm
Does your end of Deutschland have good local spots?
Nope. All the pizza here is scheisse and not authentic. It's all generic because they are made under the same roof as schnitzels and döner kebabs. The best pizza I've had here is Dominos if you can believe it. And I never even ate that before in the US because we had so much more.
I'm in shock that you would even blaspheme like that and refer to domino's as pizza...sounds dead man. I mean if you get in your car now and start driving you can be in Naples in plenty of time for lunch tomorrow. lol.

Either that or get building your own wood fired oven.
Hangover cure: Rigorous sex, hydration, hot bath, then "go up for half an hour in an open aeroplane." - Kinglsey Amis

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

What do you guys think about this...

There's seems to be a trend at the minute for loads of our local pizza places to serve their pizza's with a full ball of burrata in the middle...added after it comes out the oven so just lightly warmed by the residual heat... I've never had it but it seems 1/5 pizza post I see locally has this big gob of creamy goodness in the middle?

Yay or nay??

Absinthe Of Malice
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Post by Absinthe Of Malice »

Neapolitan pizza is from Naples. New Haven apizza is descended from that tradition, by way of some of the other coastal cities in Italy as a regional variation. Just like the accent, which is different in Amalfi and some of the other coastal cities and towns, New Haven apizza is a thing of its own. The nice folks at Sally's, Pepe's, Modern and Consiglio's in New Haven are all from the coast, Naples to Amalfi.

I do like me a greasy drippy NY slice, tho.

It's magically disgusting!
DRINK!
RIP Bill, aka mistah willies

Absinthe Of Malice
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

benitobeast69 wrote:
Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:51 am

There's seems to be a trend at the minute for loads of our local pizza places to serve their pizza's with a full ball of burrata in the middle...added after it comes out the oven so just lightly warmed by the residual heat... I've never had it but it seems 1/5 pizza post I see locally has this big gob of creamy goodness in the middle?

Yay or nay??
Looks to me like they ruined a perfectly good pizza for a fad.

I mean it's no stuffed crust.
DRINK!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

benitobeast69 wrote:

Yay or nay??
Hell effin' yay.
Okole maluna!

Patchez
Drinking Like W.C.
Drinking Like W.C.

Post by Patchez »

Fad or not I'd still smash it.
Now you're ready for some anti-dry-otics!-BeerMakesMeSmarter

If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't fuck with them-Todd Snider

Blackout and be extraordinary-Absinthe of Malice

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:39 am
Neapolitan pizza is from Naples. New Haven apizza is descended from that tradition, by way of some of the other coastal cities in Italy as a regional variation. Just like the accent, which is different in Amalfi and some of the other coastal cities and towns, New Haven apizza is a thing of its own. The nice folks at Sally's, Pepe's, Modern and Consiglio's in New Haven are all from the coast, Naples to Amalfi.
That's crazy cause it looks the opposite...it looks almost identical to Roman/northern style pizza as appose to Neapolitan...I'd defo smash some though either way.

This is Pizzeria Da Remo in Rome and they serve a pretty traditional Roman pizza... Crispy with toppings right to the edge leaving no cornicione

Absinthe Of Malice
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

Pizza is like sex...when it's good it's pretty great and when it's bad at least you're having pizza.
DRINK!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Thu Nov 04, 2021 10:43 am
benitobeast69 wrote:

Yay or nay??
Everything in this picture is a TOTAL NAY.
Okole maluna!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:58 pm
Pizza is like sex...when it's good it's pretty great and when it's bad at least you're having pizza.
I dunno if I agree. I've had bad of both and kinda rather not have either at all if it's not that great. No matter how drunk I am.
Okole maluna!

Artful Drunktective
Chugging Like Churchill
Chugging Like Churchill

Re: PIZZA!!!! - Which pizza?

Okay drunkards...you're really drunk and hungry and you can only (or HAVE to in my case) PICK ONE of these Pizza Hut pizzas. Which disgusting concoction will it be? Hong Kong or Indonesia?

BBQ Frankfurter Pizza from Indonesia
The BBQ Frankfurter Pizza features hot dogs nestled within a pizza pie, which is then topped with a variety of sauces like mustard and ketchup.

Flying Fish Roe Salmon Cream Cheese Pizza from Hong Kong
A crust filled with salmon-flavored cream cheese and fish eggs, and was available with two topping combinations:

The Crayfish Seafood Deluxe included crayfish, scallops, shrimp, clams, cherry tomatoes, peppers, red onions, and Thousand Island dressing.

The Sausage, Pepperoni and Pomelo (a citrus type fruit) is topped with sausage, pepperoni, cherry tomatoes, peaches, mushrooms, peppers, berry sauce, and pomelo, with the same salmon, fish eggs, & cheese stuffed crust.

https://www.eatthis.com/strangest-fast-food-offerings/
Okole maluna!

benitobeast69
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by benitobeast69 »

while neither of these are pizza I would probably go for the seafood monstrosity...that being said how fresh do we think pizza hut seafood is gonna be?? Probably older than them shriveled hot dogs.

Absinthe Of Malice
Super Drunkard
Super Drunkard

That goddam BBQ hotdog thing would push every single drunk food button for me.
DRINK!