Another Solo Mission - Drinking alone? Post here!

A forum to post your thoughts about the art and beauty of getting loaded.

Moderators: Artful Drunktective, mistah willies, NYDingbat, Judge, oettinger, Oggar, Badfellow, Mr Boozificator

Bur
Drinking God's Good Scotch

Re: Another Solo Mission

Post by Bur »

Simply put this weather will kill me. Pretty sure Finnish people are are not genetically-ok for this shit.

Edit: Btw Hughie. I recently spent afternoon drinking with ex-con dude who had recently taken a rake to the face. Shit didn't look too pretty.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

Bur wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:31 pm
Simply put this weather will kill me. Pretty sure Finnish people are are not genetically-ok for this shit.
Nah - Finns are the toughest people in the world. Pour another drink. It'll be all right.

Bur

Post by Bur »

Hugh wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:36 pm
Bur wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:31 pm
Nah - Finns are the toughest people in the world. Pour another drink. It'll be all right.
Got it SIR!

8:36 am time for deeds and farts!

Edit: To prove my point I went for a cigarette pack which makes about 100 meter walk at best and I had to call and ambulance for someone who had overdone ecstasy as his "friends" bailed the fuck out. And this is at 9 am. Jebus.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

They left their friend behind like that. Fuck them. I would never do that. I would carry a passed out friend as far as it took to get him home. Or at least stay with him. I don't get this shit these days. Things are different now, and I don't mean to sound like a bitter old timer. It really is different now.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

And that's another thing too - I always make sure that I'm not the one who passes out and has to be helped along. I eat well and sleep well before I go out. (Back when I used to go out.) In years past I was the one who got too fucked up to even walk. but I don't want to be like that anymore. I don't want to be the one who can't handle it. But if I were, I hope someone would stay and help, not leave me behind.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

This is why solo drinking is the best. You can not count on anyone.

Bur

Post by Bur »

Eh, I got couple fellows I'd trust my arse on. Unfortunately unreasonable amount of people keep on falling on me when they are fucked/suicidal etc. Nothing to kill an evening's buzz like talking somebody down from a bridge.

Aaaand another shot! Cherbs.

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

Hugh wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:10 am
Things are different now, and I don't mean to sound like a bitter old timer. It really is different now.
I concur.

oettinger
Juicing Like Jackie
Juicing Like Jackie

Post by oettinger »

Never deleted any posts, vodka n bumwine is a real thing
Drink!

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

oettinger wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:32 am
Why is this site making me sign on repeatedly. This makes Sammy angry.

Nausea
Hooching Like Hemingway
Hooching Like Hemingway

Post by Nausea »

Sammy wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:33 pm
oettinger wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:32 am
Why is this site making me sign on repeatedly. This makes Sammy angry.
I’ve been having that problem too. Click “Remember me” and you’ll stay logged in.
Don't worry. We're in no hurry.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

I click the 'remember me' box when I logged in, and I don't have to keep logging in every time I visit. I'm using Chrome.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

There are people in my courtyard that I've never seen before drinking from red Solo cups and playing with their smartphones. I wanna go out there and tell them to get the fuck off my lawn. But they might actually live here.

How was The Hole today? Does it still get packed on Pride Day? One of the things I liked about The Hole when i used to go there was that it was not in Hillcrest. Back in those days there were such things as "gay bars." Now there doesn't really seem to be such a thing. The straights have found us all and discovered what a great time we had in these so called "gay bars" and now they are just bars where queers sometimes hang out.

RIPT2.0
Inebriate Savant
Inebriate Savant

Post by RIPT2.0 »

I have a lawn, but I'm afraid to tell people to get off of it without an assault weapon, so I just glare at them. They get the idea. I hope.

Hugh
King Cockeyed
King Cockeyed

Post by Hugh »

it's Gay Pride day in my city, it used to be my favorite holiday. I used to be able to join in on all the fun. Over the years I got older and uglier and now I stay at home and listen to all of the partying going on all around me. Tonight the piano player at a lounge i used to go to posted a live video on facebook and I watched for a few minutes and made a comment thanking him for his video. He even said hi to me on the live video when he saw I was online, but then he shut it off. He must have shut it off because I commented. I should have just kept my mouth shut. Fuck I can't do anything right.